Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Cultist View Post
the kaorti's thralls' combined HD cannot be more than the kaorti's total HD. the wording might have been a bit vague but the followers gained are difinitely less than those gained through leadership.
Well, no, I'm not talking followers. A thrall is closer to a cohort. I mean, a cohort has a level of -2 less than the player. While HD doesn't come into it, you've still got a level 8 cohort for a level 10 player. A thrall, however, can have a lone level 10 cohort for a level 10 player.

If you really want to complicate matters, you can have a contingent of low level thralls with expensive wands, and win by sheer number of actions.

My bad on forgetting that you capped it at HD, so it's at least reined in some, but I don't think modeling a 1st level ability off of leadership, even nerfing it, is a good idea.

the stat redistrubution Does increase. the cap doesn't change, but the rate of exchange increases at 10HD and 20HD.
I meant changing the cap, so it's more gradual. 20th level is a long way off, and a Kaorti1/whateverX is going to have that one level in Kaorti for a long while, and potentially suffer powerwise for it during levels 3-9 and 13-19.

Edit: also does anyone have any thoughts on he items I included? I know this thread is about monster classes, but I thought they would help a Kaorti character deal with the material vulnerability and make the class more playable
I don't know that the items are necessary. There are kaorti items in an issue of Dragon magazine, I believe. The Kaorti ribbon dagger among them. Crystalkeep probably has it under the exotic weapons.