Arcelia's Palace

Arcelia gives a little laugh as well, which is quite genuine in its sound, and does not sound as if it is being made at Genoveva's expense.
"I suppose it did look like I was putting myself on display, didn't it?"
She brings her right hand up to gently brush through Genoveva's hair in a strangely reassuring manner.
"No, Genoveva. But let me tell you what really set all this off."
She leans in closer to whisper softly to her, as if sharing a secret.
"There's a difference, Genoveva, between timidity and passivity. And I wondered if you really knew."

Her left hand tightens around Genoveva's hand, not forcefully, but to remind her that it is there.
"Do I seem timid, to you? Is it spineless of me, to place no defenses between us- but instead, to invite you in? Is it out of fear that I hold your hand the way I do? Am I trembling as you try to exert your dominance over me?"
Gently resting her cheek against Genoveva's, she continues to speak quietly.
"Your boldness is not the only form of strength, Genoveva. Standing calm in the lion's den does not draw attention as fiery displays do, but do not think it is any less courageous.
"Though..."

Her last word is suddenly a bit more playful and mischievous in tone, and she drops the quietness of her words as well.
"Maybe comparing you to a lion isn't quite apt. I'm not really sure I'm in as much danger here as a poor mortal in a lion's den. I think you're having far too much fun to want to do anything to me, at least just yet."

With that, Arcelia drops Genoveva's hand and slides her arms around her, grinning down cheerfully.
"Am I right?"