Quote Originally Posted by MrEdwardNigma View Post
This brings us to scenario 2: a gentleman (or a lady) who is sometimes referred to as a "player" has become so accustomed to flirting that they do it automatically, without a second though, without knowing they're doing it. I've personally seen this happen. Guys and girls used to flirting a lot who suddenly have boy/girlfriends or are otherwise unavailable who flirt out of reflex. They're not really interested, but they've just become so accustomed to flirting it's their standard way of dealing with the other sex (or the same sex, as the case might be).

Would this qualify as "nice"? I think not, conscious or unconscious, this is behaviour that could hurt people. Signals should be sent intentionally, that's what they're for. Signalling.
Now wait just a cotton-pickin' minute. I flirt with a lot of people. I'm totally uninterested in ~80% of them (female and male o.O). Does this make me a bad person? Or does it make me fun to be around and an ego booster? I've always thought the second option. It's not like I lead people on or... "Flirt maliciously"...