1. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-taking requests!

Scorpionfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d8
    {table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
    +1
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Scorpionfolk Body, Poison

2nd|
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |Str +1, Mirror Image 1/day

3rd|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +3
    |
    +3
    |+1 Wis, +1 Cha, Trample

4th|
    +4
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Str +1, Mirror Image 2/day, Claws

5th|
    +5
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    |Str +1, Major Image 1/day

6th|
    +6
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |+1 Wis, +1 Cha, Mirror Image 3/day

7th|
    +7
    |
    +2
    |
    +5
    |
    +5
    |Str +1, Growth, Major Image 2/day[/table]

Skill Points: A scorpionfolk gains 2+int modifier skill points per level (x4 at level 1).
    Class Skills: Craft, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge: Nature, Listen, Profession, Sense Motive, Spot, Tumble

Weapon&Armor Proficiencies: A scorpionfolk is proficient with all simple and weapons and it's own natural attacks. No armor proficiencies.

Scorpionfolk Body
    The scorpionfolk loses all other racial traits and gains the Monstrous Humanoid type (darkvision out to 60ft) and a sting attack that deals 1d6 damage+str. He also gains natural armor equal to his constitution bonus (if positive). The scorpionfolk is medium and has a base movement speed of 40ft.

Ability Score Increase
    A scorpionfolk gains a +1 to str score at levels 2, 4, 5 and 7
    In addition, he gains a +1 bonus to wis and cha at level 3 and 6.

Trample
    As a standard action during its turn in a round, a scorpionfolk can trample creatures at least one size category smaller than itself. This attack deals 1d8+1,5x str score points of bludgeoning damage damage. A trampled opponent can attempt either and attack of opportunity at a -4 penalty or a reflex save (DC 20) for half damage.

Poison
    A scorpionfolk delivers it's poison (Fortitude save DC 10+1/2 character level+con modifier) with each successful sting attack. The initial and secondary damage is 1d4 points of dex damage. The save dc (unmodified by con modifier) may not exceed 10+class level. When the scorpionfolk gains it's seventh HD, both secondary and primary dexterity damage becomes 1d6. At fourteenth HD, both become. 1d8

Claws
    The scorpionfolk gains two claw attacks that deal 1d4+1/2 str each.

Spell-Like Abilities
    Times per day indicated in the table, a scorpionfolk may use one of it's spell-like abilities (Mirror Image or Major Image) with caster level equal to hit dice and a save DC of 10+Spell Level + Cha modifier. After the scorpionfolk has reached level seven in this class, for every 4 hit dice, he gains another use of his Major Image SLA. For ever 3 hit dice, he gains another use of his Mirror Image SLA

Growth
    The scorpionfolk becomes one size category larger (long)

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's the scorpionfolk from MMII. I remembered it from NWN, and I wanted to give this a shot. I beefed up the uses for the SLA:s to make it relevant, but it's mostly copypasta.
    Changes: SLA:s changed, Str bonus lessened, natural attack damage lessened and claws shifted to level 4.
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2011-03-24 at 12:41 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!