Pryene the Temptress

Pyrene was relieved when Wulfric went along with her plan, and more relieved when her healing seemed to sweeten Wulfric's mood a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfric View Post
“I only have one question for you right now. What is your real name? I assume you have one, even if you barely recognize it as yours.”
Pyrene paused, the faintest of sad smiles coming to her lips as she remembered. "Jaqueline. My mother called me Jaqueline."

Then she snapped back to the present, and the sentimentality was gone as she launched into her tale.

When Wulfric touched her hand at the end of her recitation, Pyrene's eyes, closed out of sheer exhaustion, snapped back open. Glancing briefly at her hand held between his, she met his eyes and sat very still as he spoke, like a wild animal deciding whether or not to flee.

"Do not misunderstand me," she replied stiffly. "I took pride, yes, and pleasure as well, in my work as the Temptress. That I did not know my true power in no way lessens that fault, if it is as a fault that you choose to see it."

Pulling her hand away from his, Pyrene finished coldly, "I do not want your pity." She hesitated and looked away, seeming to struggle with herself, then added reluctantly, "However, for Ariella's sake I will accept your help."

[[OOC: After answering any other questions Wulfric has, Pyrene will want to go back to the room and rest. She may or may not actually have the strength to go anywhere at the moment, but she'll do her best not to let Wulfric help her while she thinks he's offering out of pity.]]