Quote Originally Posted by AustontheGreat1 View Post
I just realized I left some words out when typing the ability and maybe that through off the meaning. Basically it works like this, you move twice your movement speed and all squares moved through are considered occupied for flanking. The way I had it before, I left out "squares moved through" so it said "you are considered occupying all squares." If the target moves on his turn out of his square to a new square, one that is not threatened by multiple creatures including squares considered to be occupied by you, then he isn't considered flanked. Simple as that. You probably knew what I was trying to say, but I still thought it'd be best to clarify. Also, when I wrote it moves twice its movement speed, I didn't really think about its already ludicrous movement speed so I think I could safely reduce it to. the elemental moves its full speed.

Now if I add the bits declaring that if the target moves he is no longer flanked, drop the speed, and reduce it to once an encounter (the elemental doing that a bunch of times in a fight seems unnecessary and would make things very complicated.) You think that might solve some of the issues?

Also, what does MAD stand for?
Well, the trouble is having to somehow mark every square you moved through any time you use the ability. If creatures can invalidate the special flanking by moving, it kind of makes the ability nigh-on useless (Most creatures will move, and the bonus really isn't worth it considering you give up a turn's actions).

MAD is Multiple Attribute Dependency. It refers to classes that need a lot of high stats to be worthwhile - like how Monks need the str for attacks, dex for AC, Con for HP, and Wis for abilities.

All melee is somewhat MAD (by virtue of needing/wanting Str, Dex and Con at high levels, with some points in other stats for skills and wis save. Weapon Finesse takes Str out of that equation, but your weapon damage suffers for it.