Quote Originally Posted by Superglucose View Post
Instead you should get Oz to go with you to sacramento, I know a D&D group or three that'd love to have you, and our food is much better (homegrown!)
as my garden can atest, home grown veg is abundant over here. And theres even services where you can have organic food delivered right to your door step (probably in a nice polluting diesel van!)

as for the food being 'better' - this is london. We have some of the worlds best restaurants, and food from far too many cultures than i care to count. The only thing that sucks is the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheehelm View Post
Connection's been crummy the past few days. Ahem:

Moving on after breakups -- Personally I always admired the approach taken by JD on Scrubs: after dumping Elliot, he decided he wouldn't date again until she did. Not saying that should be a societal rule or anything, but as a personal decision by the character, it seemed nice.

Singledom -- Relationships are hard work. For now, I'm lazy and overwhelmed by inertia.
I play the 21 day rule - don't start something new until at least 3 weeks after a split. Gives both sides time and space to sort themselves out, appologise and ask to be taken back if neccessary, and say anything they have to say without anyone else in the way. And in fairness, 3 weeks is a fair chunk of time if someone really has something important to say then they've got more than enough time to say it. After that... well... you've had your time, should have spoken up a bit quicker

There are a few things that nullify the 21 day rule:
1) you dont respect the other person (i'll leave the reasons for this up to you)
2) they've moved on (then its up to you)

neither of the above two should oblige you to not follow the 21 day rule (or even move on at all), but they're the only 2 i can think of that allow a justifiable violation of it

coidtron 3000

if its still the honeymoon stage and they're too wrapped up with each other, leave them be - spend time with other friends. You'd be "fighting a losing battle". Cut your friend a bit of slack for now, but if it goes on for too long then re-evaluate how close you are, and all social benifits that entagles (such as how much of a shoulder to cry on you'll offer if it all goes tits up)