View Single Post

Thread: Let's Play Labyrinth of Touhou

1. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play Labyrinth of Touhou

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    I actually do use a separate key remapping program when playing most Touhou games. Here's a link:
    http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=219.0
    I've found that an XBOX 360 controller works for Labyrinth (my Z key is half-broken) by default, which is nice. Might have to look into that to reduce the cord hassle though.

Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for the Let's Play Mirrinus. I haven't read through all of it, although I'm making it a habit to read the chapter for the current floor I'm on. Your videos are pretty funny too, btw, and this coming from a guy whose first experience in playing Touhou is this game. If it wasn't for my sister's interest in the normal bullethell games, I probably would've passed this by. I'm glad I didn't though.

Btw, I saw you and other have a particular hatred for Floor 7. I can definitely agree with you there, but hopefully this map that I made will help alleviate any and all future pain. I took the map from the Japanese wiki and thoroughly labeled each Teleporter which MS Office. Let me know what you think of the results, and feel free to post it modified or in its original form on the english wiki or anywhere else. Hopefully no one else will experience our pain.

Spoiler
    Show

If you want the original file for whatever reason, let me know.

PS. Congratulations on bringing me out of my typical lurking btw

EDIT: I'm on the optional fight with Yuugi and the F7 Boss, btw. Ofc, I'm massively overleveled now from the maze exploration, although I'm sure that won't last long, knowing the curve leveling usually goes on in these sort of games. Also, my drop luck has been horrible on this floor. I must go sacrifice to gain the favor of the almighty RNG. Also also, went ahead and posted it on the wiki, once I figured out how to edit the darn thing.

EDIT 2: Holy god. I just barely scraped by in an intense battle vs. Suwako. So much health to go through, and my levels were severely under yours (and one character was useless, oops on MYS resistance Marisa):

Reimu (35)
    Marisa (33)
    Chen (38)
    Meiling (35)
    Patchouli (31)
    Alice (33)
    Minoriko (34)
    Youmu (33)
    Yuugi (32)
    Iku (32)
    Aya (33)
    Komachi (31)

I had a mana-depleted Reimu in reserve, and Chen/Patchy/Iku/Meiling (I think) out, with Patchy out of sp. MVPs were Meiling/Iku (Meiling could full heal to 2500 with the buff, and thank god for ailment curing) and Iku buffing Alice/Youmu/etc. I can safely say that I <3 Iku now, hadn't really seen her in action before, but now I'm loving it. That buff can be incredible if used correctly.

Now to move on to Floor 9!
    Last edited by FantomFang; 2010-08-04 at 10:09 PM.