View Single Post

Thread: Let's Play Labyrinth of Touhou

1. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play Labyrinth of Touhou

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    I hate to ask, but where might I get a New Game+ savefile? I really want to just play with characters I like. Unlocking them is, to put it lightly, a horrific pain, so I was hoping to play the game sans headaches. Could I get any help here? Thanks.
    Hope this works.

Unfortunately, this save file is currently glitched for 3.01, so you'll have to use it for the 2.04 version for best results. However, make sure you get the (untranslated) 2.06 version as well, as recruiting characters on 2.04 will reset their levels and skill points (but they keep the exp). To safely recruit characters you already have, you'll need to switch over to 2.06 (the save file is compatable with both) when you recruit, then save and switch back to 2.04 afterwards.

The differences between the versions aren't that huge, aside from Nitori being much worse in 2.04. I still haven't found a good working save file link for 3.01 yet; maybe I can get it working after beating the 30F on my current save file.

Edit: Someone over on shrinemaiden.org claims to have found a fix for using that NG+ file on 3.01:

I found this problem was caused by overwriting the save_NaN folder in TL 3.01's saves folder with the save_NaN folder from TL 2.04. When I did a fresh install of 3.01 and then copied in only save1/save2/save3, and then used the NG+ save file link from one of the earlier threads (I _think_ it was the third thread?), it worked perfectly - no messed up EXP or affinities.
    Haven't tried it out myself yet, but you can.

Edit: yeah, seems to work well enough. Just make sure you're using a fresh copy of 3.01, and move just the NG+ file into the save folder, replacing one of the Save 1-3 folders.
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-08-14 at 01:16 PM.
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight