1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OoC II: Where Sanity Comes to Die.

FYI: New GLoG Defenses:

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    [Infirmary]

Inside the infirmary, the ghost of George Shackleton, cleric of Thor, grunts in pain as he senses a strong cursed object being used nearby.

His first thought is to go and intervene, but he looks back at the sleeping Czernov. No, he can't leave him.

Instead he goes around the doors and windows, putting powerful holy spells on them that will keep anyone from entering who is carrying anything cursed or unholy. And because George is just that powerful, it will also keep them from entering via dimensional shenanigans.

Leaving the cursed item behind allows normal entry. Whether it blocks unholy or cursed PCs is left to the discretion of individual players. This would also preclude someone from pulling a cursed item out of hammerspace or a bag of holding when inside the infirmary.
    Kind of an oddly limited defense, but it may become relevant. I'll PM it to Iames for addition to the GLoG OP.

Also, to avoid George making GLoG impregnable (= boring), I'm going to say that he can make a really strong spell that's highly specific, but the less specific it is or the wider area it covers, the less powerful it becomes. So he could make a broom closet completely safe from any sort of attack, or a cabin completely safe from non-magical firepower, or a large building like the infirmary completely safe from cursed objects.

If anyone thinks that's overpowered or has any objections, speak up.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2010-08-15 at 08:22 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs