Raffy the Sparrowhawk

Raffy doesn't ask Pieter for the promised drink, and if it appears, he takes a long while before touching it. He seems quiet and distant as he listens to Pieter's gripes and then the greetings of the others when they arrive.

Once everyone is assembled he announces, "I've got a sort of job this afternoon.... It'd go quicker with more eyes. I'm going to walk the whole town and..."

He lowers his voice. "Figure out where all the sewer openings are. Look for 'em, and also ask everyone along the way. Some might be real old, or clogged up, or hidden. But we have to find them."

He takes a sip at his weak beer and explains. "Marius agrees that the rats are the murder weapon. We won't have a strategy or know how many men are needed until we know as many openings as possible. We have to assume all the murder sites have a tunnel entrance. Beyond that we need to find the sewers. Then tomorrow, he can start mobilising."

He says nothing of... the other plan.

Sucking air through his teeth he looks at Pieter. "You can write, can't you? I guess that would be... useful."