1. - Top - End - #1147
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop VII: Common Sense is not RAW.

Quote Originally Posted by DCGFTW View Post
    Space Marines have Combat Squads .
    I seem to detect you correcting me from Tactical Squad as the name of the squad unit, to combat squad. According to the 5th edition Standard space marine Codex. Under the troops section..it is Tactical squad. This is what I'm referring to. Sorry. Maybe you're thinking something else?

Quote Originally Posted by DCGFTW View Post
    A Combat-Squading squad of 10 is better than two squads of five, as one of the Combat Squads can take a Heavy Weapon, while the other can go cruising with the Rhino/Razorback.
    Edit: The only difference I've used them in.. is the 10 man squad I've put into a rhino and the 5 man into a razorback... which only carries 6 guys total. I have used the rhino as an armored support for the heavy / special weapons guys. Since.. firing points are on it

Quote Originally Posted by crazedloon View Post
    the difference comes down to a few things
    -the special weapons available. At 10 man you have access to a heavy weapon while at 5 man you are restricted to 1 special.
    -you pay 10 points more for bare-bone units of 5 becuase each has a sergeant
    -you can pack more power weapons in a 5 man squad becuase of the extra sergeant

Now the best idea would prolly be to run them 10 large (with a heavy and special) and than combat squad it to 2x5 men w/1 special in a unit and the heavy in the other (sarge with the special since they tend to have a shorter range)
    To my understanding I can only get the Heavy and the special if I have 10 models in the squad. If I'm missing something please let me know, but I have the codex in front of me. "If the squad numbers ten models, one space marine may replace his boltgun with one of the following:".

I imagine... 2 squads would be better for assault oriented or Objective oriented squads. Can move the squads separately, If one's assaulting, not all ten men will be locked in combat, a few more attacks in assault as well, since 2 sergeants.
    -Wrath
    Last edited by EndlessWrath; 2010-08-17 at 01:46 AM.
    "If you can, then do. If you cannot, then find a way so you can."
    Spoiler
    Show

LGBTiTP Supporter
    Swain Avatar by Zefir