Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
The dude jumped to save time and then fell a mile from a floating city to the hard ground below. Logically, he should have died, but the rules lawyer claimed that falling damage totalled out at 20d6, which he could survive, even though no one should be able to survive a fall from that height without magical intervention or something. Common sense would have dictated that a fall from such heights would be insta-salsa, remaining HP or not. I wouldn't feel comfortable bending the laws of reality just because of a dice mechanic, especially if the player was abusing said mechanic for his own gain.

But, that's just my opinion.
They just finished off the BBEG and maybe he wanted to exit in a grandiose fashion. Would it have hurt the party or hampered the story to allow him to continue? Doubtful.

I see it as no different than a football player dancing after a touchdown.

But the DM says, "Oh he's just having too much fun. We can't have that. Even if it is legal by the rules."

I'm sorry but we all agree to a game from the get-go. Unless real-world physics are a part of the campaign from the start it is irresponsible to just arbitrarily say, "No the rules we all agreed to from the beginning are really just suggestions and I'll just make up slapdash rulings on the fly to screw you all over. Character investment be damned."