Quote Originally Posted by Gorgondantess View Post
32 str vs. 26 strength. That's a pretty significant difference.
Now it's just 30 vs 26, the diference between having rage and not having it.

How did I already burn my feat? Just grab multiattack. And with that huge strength, you will indeed be hitting quite a bit.
You picked two weapon fighting remember? Multiattack on the other hand doesn't apply to manufactured weapons, so your to hit bonus is still viable with three of your attacks. Kobolds get three natural weapons for LA 0 for Krom's sake! with their update from races of the dragon.

Oh, come on. You know as well as I that never happens. At best, you'll be encountering them at 100 feet.
Speak for yourself. An huge AA has no viable tactic to hide. You can always see it coming. Altough I'll admit I once had a DM go nuts over we sniping his colossal vermins from afar before they got to touch us and made them able to instantly blink over us.

If it's difficult terrain, there's also stuff to get in the way that the AA should be able to get total cover.
Wich will slow him down even more as he now can't even move in a straight line.

Mainly ability scores. They are simply too large.
It's +4 to a single score that broken when you don't get SLAs or other nifty abilities?

This is not a good thing. And, actually, it does, with burrow and poison and stuff... but it sucks when you just stack on massive ability scores.
But you can't get it all! If you pick burrow or poison or whatever then you can't pick massive ability scores or large size.

Just trying to add an element of choice. Also, many animals have 14 or even 16 wisdom.
And what will they do with it? How many animals have wis-based abilities?

Once again, is this a good thing?
It's the antromorphic animal, not the mad arcane experiment that breathes fire and poops rainbows. All it's abilities are based on simple stuff normal animals get.

I see things the opposite way: An anthropomorphic animal should be less blunt, and more quick & cunning. Once again, it's your paradigm, though.
If you want quick and cunning pick class levels after the first AA level.

Much better. However, you might want to tag onto animal apotheosis something like +2 (or even +4) wisdom and allowing the multiclassing schtick into divine spellcasters. Whatever happened to my anthropomorphic bat druid?
Even tome players consider that cheesy. That's saying quite a lot. But at 5th level it wouldn't be that bad I guess.

Also, it might just be best to get rid of the ability score modifier choices altogether. It already gets plenty of bonuses to ability scores, and in general, choosing stuff like superior & exemplar is a more mechanically sound choice, but it makes the class less interesting to play. +2 to ability scores every single level is plenty, and there are some other cool, fun abilities to choose.
Some people just like to hit stuff. That's for what the ability score options are there, trading some versatility for some extra raw power.

What might be a good choice is making both of those only effect the physical ability score you did not choose, so you could get a round +6 to all 3 physical ability scores.
I tought of that, but I purposedly want the AA to be able to have one of his physical scores higher than the other monster classes since, again, she doesn't get nifty abilities, as they don't make sense for an half-animal, wich are suposed to be the simplest monsters of all.