Quote Originally Posted by aberratio ictus View Post
You made it quite obvious, I think. It was, in fact, the best depiction of level drain I have ever read or heard.
High praise indeed, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aberratio ictus View Post
I must say, I really like your style of writing and the characters in your group. I'm looking forward to the next snippet.
Well, thank you I'm glad it's not as hard to read as it is to write. I'll have to hurry up and do the next bit then. I'm going back in time, the whole campaign started with us in an army being trained up as an elite 'special tasks' force. I'm trying to come up with any reason why my dancer would be there (she's a bard, with ranks in perform dance).

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
it worked on word before I copypasted
Ahh, blame Word then. It's done similar things to me before as well. I copied/pasted my stuff from another site I'd posted them on, which is probably why I avoided the issue. That and the fact that they're written in Open Office, not Word

Quote Originally Posted by lord pringle View Post
it was a dumb plan. it wasn't the plan the title was talking about. that plan will be revealed tonight.
Yay! More!

Quote Originally Posted by FuryOfMetal View Post
This is my preferred method for writing backstories. Instead of writing a timeline of major events and detailing them I just write dialogue in first or third person as it helps me to get in the characters head. I find it easier to understand the character if I create dialogue instead of just detailing some events. Works for me
I have four pages of backstory for my character, though it's all in a timeline format. I'm thinking of turning it into a story on it's own, though that will have to wait until I get all the other story ideas out of my head...