-YOU- find it creepy and wrong. And your entitled to that opinion. But it's just that. An opinion. Human social networking evolves as the technology and culture of the human race evovles. Sure, it goes against your "Ideals" but clearly people are benifiting from it. And ya sure, you say just because it's alien it's not "Wrong" but your still condeming people for doing something in your own words as hideous perversions. So as much as you want to sit there and try to absolve your stance by seemingly open and understanding...your still sitting there behind your screen sneering at it like it's some sick and ugly dog that's clinging to life.

Your waffeling between it being your opinion and it being mere fact. And that's what I picked up on, I didn't ignore your point.

But at no point did I say other people couldn't view those they met online as friends, just that it's creepy as all hell and I view it as akin to saying you're friends with a character in a book for the reasons I gave.
Such as that. You say "It's creepy" but it's just your opinion. It's not creepy. It's something that's pretty well founded in the current social networking circle. It's just -different-. And sure, that might be "spooooooooookey" to you, but that's again...your opinion. That your trying to seemingly pass off as fact while retreating to "But it's not wrong!".

It's impossible for people to show their true selves over a medium that dosn't require full physical apperances and contacts? Because that's some flawless vaunted method of learning people's true soul or something? The human element somehow makes it impossible to hide what you are while putting a screen in front of yourself somehow...makes it impossible to see how someone really is? I call honest bull crap.