No you are not late…just, replied Valkriss with a slight smile and placing special emphasis on the just. At least I’m not the only one on the damn ship with a tendancy to burst in at the last minute.

In response to your question Ensign, you will be contacted with details of where and when you are to leave for the mission, all other briefing on the mission will be given at a later date given its sensitive nature. Now as much as I would like to let you ask more questions we have limited time in which to run the exercise.

Valkriss broke eye contact with her staff, walked over to the holodeck control panel and inserted in her data chip loading one of her favorite ambush training exercises.

Todays exercise will involve countering ambushes and is a... non standard training programme, you may find it fairly testing but then again I expect nothing but the best from my staff. I will start the programme once you have all entered the holosuite, I will be monitoring your individual progress from outside, feedback will be given when the exercise is completed. You may proceed.

She opened the holosuite doors and watched as the team walked in noticing certain levels of arrogance in some of the team and a lack of confidence in others. Once the team was inside she took up her position at the control panel and initiated the programme.