Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
Martial Defense does need some major work on the wording. Does it stack with Natural Armor? As is it means you'll be getting +7 over the standard best armor possible (or tied compared to +5 full-plate and +5 shield), and then can stack on other AC enhancing abilities that require no armor. Not too much stronger than Greater Luminous Armor + Magic Vestment's or an Abjurant Champion's Greater Luminous Armor, though, but without the down side that you light up like a torch.
I'll fix the wording. And yeah, it allows NA aswell as any other type - deflection, dodge, etc.

Unrivaled Agility ought to just be a dodge bonus.
I'll probably get rid of it, but yeah dodge would've been more appropriate.

Turn the Blade is an always readied 2nd level Warblade maneuver, with a free chance at a souped up AoO, and to disarm or even eventually hit them with their own attack and as written turn the attack back on them.
How would you suggest I change it, while maintaining the deflecting attacks theme? I really love the idea of opposed attack rolls to deflect, so I'd like to incorporate that.

Really this class obsoletes other melee fairly completely as long as you optimize your attack rolls. Only melee that can get around it are notably higher level or outliers in that regard (Tarrasque). So if that was what you were aiming for it's good, if not you'll want to tone it down.
I'm more than happy to tone it down. Got any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrasodium View Post
Start with 18 dex, take weapon finesse somewhere along the lines.

A set of full plate is +8 AC with a dex cap of 1. With +5 enhancement bonus and at least 12 dex, it becomes +14 AC. This class would have +14 AC at level 6... At level 10 it would have 28 assuming absolutely no points were spent in dex or equipment boosted it. At level 20, with just +4 into dex from leveling and a +6 dex item (i.e. no tome) it would have +28 AC for a total of 38 before factoring in things like luck/deflection/natural armor/etc bonus's... that's better than +5 full plate with a +5 tower shield for a 3 level dip, 4 if you don't want to lose damage from using strength as a dump stat on your fighter type... it's even higher if you add in a tome or use a class with a bonus to dex.
I get what you're saying about the AC, but generally at higher levels the best comparison isn't with a full plated melee character. In my experience of playing mid-high level, it's normally the unarmoured types that get the most AC, stacking multiple stats onto it from various sources. 38 AC at level 20 is pretty pitiful, really.

But as I say, I see what you mean about the dex stacking, it's pretty damn awesome at low levels. I'll remove the dex-to-AC-again ability. Any suggestions as to what I could replace it with?