Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
Barbarian

”Scream! Scream until your heart has beat its last beat, and your voice has worn to a tiny scratch! Scream until your eyes bleed! Scream until the whole world screams! Scream at the stars! Scream at the moon! Scream at the burning sun! There is no anger, there is no pain. There is no hate, no fear, nobody who can hurt you. There is only RAGE! AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” – Krao’S
Very good image and the quote is just cool.

-snip detail-
Very interesting, much darker than what I normally like but it's an original angle. It personify the anger in a weird way alsmot like a possesing spirit or something it's an interesting idea.

Abilities: Strength and Constitution are important for the class’s role as a frontline fighter, and dexterity also helps on that front. A high Constitution also increases the Barbarians Rage Pool, and gives them higher hit points. Wisdom is important for several of the Barbarian’s class skills. Charisma and Intelligence are important for several Rage Abilities.
Describe like that they look very MAD but I will see with the abilities/

Alignment: Any.
Didn't this contradict the earlier fluff ?
"They hate the law. They also hate the swirling chaos of their emotions. They care not, they just hate."

If they hate both law and chaos, neutral would make sense, but chaos seem to fit best still.
That said i don't much like alignement restriction on base class so i'm fine with any. (particulary because it cut of on some potentially nice multiclass option.)

Hit Die: d12
Normal.

-snip image-
Another very good one.

Class Skills: Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local) (Int), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (4+Intelligence Modifier)x4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4+Intelligence Modifier.
Same skill point but more choice, hide and move silently I understand for hunting but know (local) ?

-snip table-
Full Bab and good fort save, good will less so since they also get a bonus to will save from the rage. Not sure on that, what's the resonning ?

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The Barbarian is proficient with all Simple and Martial weapons, and light and medium armor. They are not proficient with shields.
Okay.

Rage Pool (Ex): Whenever the Barbarian takes hit point damage, his rage pool fills with rage points equal to one-half of the damage (rounded down). His rage pool has a cap of total rage points allowed of his Barbarian levels, plus his constitution modifier. These rage points do not fade away unless they are used for abilities, or the encounter ends.
niptick: allowed equal to his barbarian level.
I don't much like the need to take damage to gain point, in some encounter where the enemy use save or suck abilities it could mean that you must deal with only your non rage ability. Perhaps giving a few point at the start of en encounter, not much but just enough to start with ?

The Barbarian can start a rage by spending a number of rage points equal to one-fourth his Barbarian levels, rounded down (minimum 1). Each round the Barbarian must pay 1 rage point, or the rage ends. During a rage, the Barbarian gains a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity, a +1 competence bonus to all Strength and Dexterity based skills, and a +2 bonus to will saves. During a rage, the Barbarian is unable to use any Intelligence or Charisma based checks, excepting Intimidate. After the rage is over, the Barbarian is fatigued for 1d4 rounds. He cannot start a new rage until he is no longer fatigued, but he can use any rage abilities that require rage points as normal.
Okay, I big NO enhancement bonus ! This mean that you can't benefit from any magic item or spell from friendly caster unless you have a very good reason, possible, I advise to change that. If you really want to give a type to the bonus moral could work but untype seem fine to me.
You remove the concentration limitation and the inability to cast spell, seem weird. It make perfect sense.

Rage Abilities (Ex): At every level described in the table, the Barbarian gains an additional rage ability (see: Rage Abilities). He must meet all prerequisites for the Rage Abilities.
Look promising, we'll se when we get there.
Do you gain all the ability you qualify for or do you need to learn them like spell or invocation and if so they're no mean to change them later ?

Frenzied Strike (Ex): Starting at second level, every time the Barbarian successfully hits an opponent with a melee or ranged attack, he gains a number of rage points equal to one fourth his Barbarian levels.
Ah that help with the point.

Powerful Rage (Ex): Starting at fourth level, the bonuses from rage become +6 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity, +2 competency bonus to Strength and Dexterity based skill checks, and a +3 bonus to will saves.
Much sooner than normal barbarian. Perhaps even too soon but it's hard to tell. Still fourth seem early to me.

Trap Sense (Ex): Starting at fourth level, the Barbarian has an intuitive sense that alerts him to danger from traps, giving him a +1 bonus on Reflex saves made to avoid traps and a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class against attacks made by traps. These bonuses rise by +1 every three Barbarian levels thereafter (7th, 10th, 13th, 16th, and 19th level). Trap sense bonuses gained from multiple sources stack.
Okay.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At sixth level, the Barbarian gains the ability to react to danger before his senses would normally allow him to do so. He retains his Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses his Dexterity bonus to Armor Class if immobilized.

If a Barbarian already has uncanny dodge from another source, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.
Standard.

Superior Rage (Ex): Starting at Eighth level, the bonuses from rage become +8 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity, +3 competency bonus to Strength and Dexterity based skill checks, and a +4 bonus to will saves.
This seem to be a little soon too.

Improved Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At level twelve and higher, the Barbarian can no longer be flanked; he can react to opponents on opposite sides of him as easily as he can react to a single attacker. This defense denies a rogue the ability to sneak attack the Barbarian by flanking him, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target has Barbarian levels.

If a character already has uncanny dodge from a second class, the character automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead, and the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum level a rogue must be to flank the character.
Okay.

Greater Rage (Ex): Starting at fourteenth level, the bonuses from rage become +10 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity, +4 competency bonus to Strength and Dexterity based skill checks, and a +5 bonus to will saves.
At this level it seem almost fine but still +10.

Tireless Rage (Ex): Starting at level sixteen, the Barbarian no longer becomes fatigued after his rage ends.
Normal.

Endless Rage (Ex): Starting at level eighteen, the Barbarian no longer must pay a rage point per round of raging; instead, he only has to pay the activation cost of the rage.
Very good.

Ultimate Rage (Ex): Starting at twentieth level, the bonuses from rage become +12 enhancement bonus to Strength and Dexterity, +5 competency bonus to Strength and Dexterity based skill checks, and a +6 bonus to will saves.
At this level I have no complaint.

-snip image-
My favorite of the lot, I wonder why.

Rage Abilities:

If a rage ability mentions rage pool, it is your rage pool at the time of gaining the benefit. So, if a Barbarian 12, with a Constitution of 21 is hit for 25 damage, his rage pool fills to 12 rage points. If he has the Blitz rage ability, he gains a +6 bonus to all bull rush attempts. If he activates his rage by spending 3 rage points, his pool goes down to 9, and his bonus is +4 (of course, he still gains a bonus for extra strength from rage).
Okay seem clear. A few question:
Do you need to spend the rage point for the ability each round of the rage in addition to the one to maintain it or does it last until the end of the rage.
If you don't need to spend point on the ability do you gain the benefit even when not raging ?

Continu in the spoiler:
Spoiler
Show

Increased Speed
Prerequisites: Barbarian 1, Dexterity 15
Benefits: You gain a +10 enhancement bonus to base land speed. This stacks with other movement increasing rage abilities.
enhcancement again ?

Telling Blow
Prerequisites: Barbarian 1, Strength 13
Benefits: You make a melee touch attack. If it is successful, the target must attack you for the duration of the encounter.
Cost: 1 rage point.
Hum, what ?!
That's way too strong for a first level ability.
No save ? no skill check even ?
Can the creature do other thing other than attack, like heal itself or an ally, can it chose any mean of attack ? Must it be melee attack ?
You need to work on that one, look at the knight in the PHBII. it's is main class feature and it's not as strong.

Intimidating Glare
Prerequisites: Barbarian 1, Charisma 13
Benefits: Make an intimidate check against one foe within 30 feet as a swift action. If you beat their check, they become shaken for 2d6 rounds.
Cost: 1 rage point.
Too long duration normal intimidate only last one round and it's a standard action and you must threaten it in melee.

Charismatic Rage
Prerequisites: Barbarian 3, Charisma 15
Benefits: During a rage, you may still use any Charisma based skill checks.
Okay.

Cunning Rage
Prerequisites: Barbarian 3, Intelligence 15
Benefits: During a rage, you may still use any Intelligence based skill checks.
Same.

Pounce
Prerequisites: Barbarian 3, Strength or Dexterity 15
Benefits: You gain pounce, as the special ability, useable with any weapon.
Perfect and better balanced than the freaking lion totem because you can't get it at first level. Applaude !

Skirmish (1)
Prerequisites: Barbarian 5, Dexterity 15
Benefits: Whenever you move more than 10 feet in a round, you deal an extra 1d6 damage on any attacks you make, and you gain a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class. This does not stack with other Skirmish abilities gained from rage abilities.
Nice.

Stoneskin
Prerequisites: Barbarian 5, Constitution 15
Benefits: You gain Damage Reduction 10/-- for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution modifier. Every point of damage negated in this way is converted to rage points.
Cost: 3 rage points.
10 might be too much at this level, 5 is probably enough. i like the fact that it still allow you to to gain rage point.

Precision
Prerequisites: Barbarian 5, Dexterity 15
Benefits: You deal extra damage with all weapons (melee and ranged) equal to your dexterity modifier.
Little strong and not sure it's fitting with the barbarian fluff.

Ferocity
Prerequisites: Barbarian 7, Strength or Dexterity 17
Benefits: You deal an extra amount of damage equal to one-half of your rage pool for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution modifier. This effect may not be in effect at the same time as Vicious.
Cost: 4 rage points.
Okay.

Evasion
Prerequisites: Barbarian 7, Dexterity 17
Benefits: You gain the Evasion class feature, as the rogue.
Cool.

Vicious
Prerequisites: Barbarian 7, Strength or Dexterity 17
Benefits: You gain a bonus to all attack rolls equal to one-half of your rage pool for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution modifier. This effect may not be in effect at the same time as Ferocity.
Nice too.

Blitz
Prerequisites: Barbarian 7, Strength 17
Benefits: You add ½ your rage pool to bull rush attempts.
niptick: "as a bonus on strength check made as part of a bull-rush attempt"

Extra Attack
Prerequisites: Barbarian 7, Dexterity 15
Benefits: You can take an additional attack as part of a full attack action at your highest attack bonus.
Cool, no rage point cost ? And does it stack with haste or similar ?

Superior Increased Speed
Prerequisites: Barbarian 9, Dexterity 17, Increased Speed
Benefits: You gain a +10 enhancement bonus to base land speed. This stacks with other movement increasing rage abilities.
Kay.

Power-Attacking
Prerequisites: Barbarian 9, Strength 17, Vicious
Benefits: Whenever you take a penalty to attack rolls with the Power-attack feat, you deal an extra 2 damage per -1 penalty taken. This does not stack with any other Power-attack enhancing effect. If you did not have the Power-attack feat before taking this ability, you gain it. If you did, it instead provides 3 damage per -1 penalty. It still does not stack with other enhancing effects.
The wording is weird, I would have gone with something like that:
"You gain power attack as a bonus feat and it's benefit are enhance, you deal an extra 2 damage per -1 penalty taken. If you already add the feat before gaining this ability this instead increase to 3 damage per - penality"

Or something like that, but the second part is still probably too much.
a bonus feat (even a little late) and an increase in effect is probably enough.
Also what happen if you wield a two hand weapon ?

Plunge
Prerequisites: Barbarian 9, Dexterity or Strength 17
Benefits: You gain a bonus all trip attempts equal to one-half your rage pool.
Same remark as with bull-rush.

Guarded Stance
Prerequisites: Barbarian 9, Dexterity and Constitution 16
Benefits: You gain a dodge bonus to Armor Class equal to one half of your rage pool for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution modifier.
Cool.

Skirmish (2)
Prerequisites: Barbarian 11, Dexterity 17, Skirmish (1)
Benefits: Whenever you move more than 10 feet in a round, you deal an extra 2d6 damage on any attacks you make, and you gain a +2 dodge bonus to Armor Class. This does not stack with other Skirmish abilities gained from rage abilities.
kay.

Ferality (Claws)
Prerequisites: Barbarian 11, Strength or Dexterity 17
Benefits: You gain 2 claw attacks. They deal 1d6 damage plus your strength modifier. They are natural weapons, and you are proficient with them.
niptick: Just to say if they are primary or secondary.

Elemental Rage
Prerequisites: Barbarian 11, Intelligence 15
Benefits: Choose an element (fire, cold, electricity, acid, or sonic). You deal an extra 1d6 damage per 4 rage points in your rage pool during a rage

Can you chose that ability multiple time or change the element ?

Ferality (Bite)
Prerequisites: Barbarian 13, Strength or Dexterity 17, Ferality (Claws)
Benefits: You gain a bite attack. It deals 1d8 damage plus twice your strength modifier. It is a natural weapon, and you are proficient with it.
Same as with claw. Why twice str mod ? Normally if you only have one natural attack it's 1.5.

Blank Mind
Prerequisites: Barbarian 13, Wisdom 15
Benefits: You are immune to mind affecting spells and abilities while raging.
Very good.

Intimidating Roar
Prerequisites: Barbarian 13, Charisma 15, Intimidating Glare
Benefits: You roar as a standard action, and all enemies within 30 feet must make a will save (DC 10 + 1/2 barbarian levels + Charisma modifier) or be panicked for 1d4+1 rounds.
Cost: 5 rage points.
Might be a bit strong.

Regeneration
Prerequisites: Barbarian 15, Constitution 21
Benefits: You heal 1d6 damager per point of constitution modifier you have.
Cost: 6 rage points.
Good.

Improved Extra Attack
Prerequisites: Barbarian 15, Dexterity 19, Extra Attack
Benefits: You can take an additional attack as part of a full attack action at your highest attack bonus. This stacks with Extra Attac
Very nice. too much ?

Skirmish (3)
Prerequisites: Barbarian 17, Dexterity 19, Skirmish (2)
Benefits: Whenever you move more than 10 feet in a round, you deal an extra 3d6 damage on any attacks you make, and you gain a +3 dodge bonus to Armor Class. This does not stack with other Skirmish abilities gained from rage abilities.
okay.

Swiftness
Prerequisites: Barbarian 17, Dexterity 23, Superior Increased Speed
Benefits: You may make full attack actions as standard actions.
Well at this level okay.

Improved Evasion
Prerequisites: Barbarian 17, Dexterity 19, Evasion
Benefits: You gain the Improved Evasion class feature, as the rogue ability.
sure.

Greater Improved Speed
Prerequisites: Barbarian 19, Dexterity 21, Superior Improved Speed
again.

Ironskin
Prerequisites: Barbarian 19, Constitution 21
Benefits: You gain Damage Reduction 20/-- for a number of rounds equal to your Constitution modifier. Every point of damage negated in this way is converted to rage points.
Cost: 5 rage points.
At this level it's alright.

Killing Blow
Prerequisites: Barbarian 19, Strength 21
Benefits: You deal bonus damage equal to the number of rage points in your rage pool (before activating this ability) times three on all attacks in the round of activation. Activating this ability is a swift action.
Cost: All rage points.
Very good.

I would love any new Rage Abilities you happen to think of or want to homebrew! I have about 32 right now and any new ones would be greatly appreciated! Also, I was trying to make a couple that gave ToB maneuvers (like the martial study and martial stance feats), but didn’t know how to word them.
You could just give martial study as a bonus feat but with an initiator level for purpose of that maneuver equal to their barbarian level.
No other idea at the moment.

This is roughly made for Tier 3, for those who care. I understand that not necessarily all of the stuff that it has allows for that kind of flexibility, but that is also why I really want more Rage Abilities. I have several PrCs already made, but I want to “test the waters” so to speak, and see how this class is seen first.
It's hard to judge the tier but it stronger than the standard barbarian that's for sure. Some abilties really need balancing but apart from that it's nice.
If i don't peach the Prc don't hesitate to send me a pm.