Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
Testing

CAT scans. Blood samples. Scientists flitting all around Jason, scribbling, muttering jargon that Jason can't possibly pick up. More scans. All this goes on for what seems like hours until they reach the final stage.

"Okay, all nodes are in place...no abnormal brain waves...I think we're good to go, Dr. Satoki."

Jason is hooked up to yet another bizarre machine, this time through electric nodes running straight to his head, connecting his brain to...whatever contraption it was now.

"Excellent! Alright, everyone back into positions..." All the scientists in the room leave for what appears to be a miniature bunker. They peer in through heavily reinforced glass, pen at the ready.

Dr. Satoki says through a loudspeaker, "Initiate lamda test wave in 3...2...1..."

There is a clunk as someone throws what is presumably a switch.

Then silence.

Nothing seems to happen. No puff of flame, no distortion in the air, no sudden displacement in space-time.

More silence.

Then...

"Good news, Mr. Williams!" says Dr. Satoki as he strides into the room, Masaki right behind him. "It took us a few minutes to interpret the data, but out tests have concluded that you indeed have AIM Field Manipulation potential?"

Masaki coughs and translates, "You have potential to use powers."]

Dr. Satoki continues to ramble on about training regimens, practice schedules, and so forth, for bringing out Jason's latent psychic ability.
"[I...I do?!]"
Jason then realizes he spoke in english and repeats himself in japanese.