1. - Top - End - #261

Default Re: Will the Real Holy Warrior Please Stand Up? [Class fix+1 PrC, 3.5, PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    ..Y'know, I think I misread your post as a claim of being able to 'brew a better pally fix.
    Possibly. When I said "I could make a more fun paladin with other mechanics before I even start houseruling." I meant "I could throw together various cleric builds, reformat them as a selection of options and present it as a new class, and call it a Paladin. And it would be more solid than this." I wouldn't have actually changed any rules. I just would have called a Cleric build option a Paladin.

However, if you'd like to make the cleric argument, I should point out that it probably belongs in the Roleplaying Games section, rather than Homebrew; this is where we make the stuff and balance it, whereas concerns over new or interesting applications of pre-existing mechanics belong in RPG.
    And I'm saying that a homebrew should actually improve or add something new and interesting to the rules in some way (meaning, something the rules don't already do). If it doesn't, then what's the point? If it's less effective than the existing rules, it's not good homebrew.

In order to balance out this new Paladin class, you need to expand its conceptual horizons. Swift Crusader? That's Battle Blessing. The old paladin had it. Eventually turn more stuff? Why is that a Paladin focus? Moar Damage? That was never the problem to begin with. A bunch of passive resistances? I'd like to actually make some choices in-session, too, thanks...
    Last edited by Godless_Paladin; 2010-10-12 at 02:39 AM.