1. - Top - End - #275

Default Re: Will the Real Holy Warrior Please Stand Up? [Class fix+1 PrC, 3.5, PEACH]

You call other people's opinions silly
    Quote Originally Posted by Calenestel View Post
    Seconded, for what it's worth.
    Well, actually, I called Lord_Gareth's opinion that a new Paladin class named Paladin is more worthwhile flavorwise as a Paladin than a class that wasn't because it's named Paladin and so forth was silly. And I will stand by that: I find that sentiment to be silly.

I'm pretty sure I'm allowed to think someone's opinion is wrong and say so.

I mean geez, I started out this conversation by asking "do you want to hear the parts of your design I disagree with and think are silly?" And then I get "Yes" and then people complain. I find that rather silly too. Pardon me if you think it's rude for saying so.

Godless_Paladin has still made a good point, perhaps with Paladin needs a few more options.
    Thank you :)

Not only that, but they need to be meaningfully different tactics and different paths he can use to reach his goals. A choice between, for example, 2 different abilities, one that adds +3 damage to evil people, and one that adds +1d6 damage to evil people, isn't really meaningful choices. Likewise, if you have abilities like "Get Magic Circle all day every day" and "Get Fast Healing all day every day" those are just choices *in build,* not *in game.*

The paladin needs more meaningful choices to make in the actual game session. As is, the only real source of that is his expanded spontaneous spell list (Which, as I said, is great. That's definitely a step in the right direction! Something more Beguiler-like, but with a Fighter instead of a Rogue, would be solid). You want your class to be kinetic and engaging during the actual gameplay, not just in making build choices, and your class leaves a bit to be desired in this realm.
    Last edited by Godless_Paladin; 2010-10-12 at 04:12 AM.