Quote Originally Posted by Conuly View Post
And of course Xykon has to have always known that Redcloak planned to betray him. They're both Evil, and Xykon is EVILLY Evil - he's sure to have thought of it.
I don't know. Xykon would betray his own mother. Over a cookie. Because he was bored. Redcloak, on the other hand, is evil in service of a cause, he would only betray Xykon if he was really pushed (see The Dog Bites Back if you're willing to risk a TVTropes link). Redcloak is, honestly, the least evil of the evil characters. I'd go so far as to say that, if the world were made up solely of goblins, he would be considered lawful good, or at least lawful neutral - after his "I'M TURNING INTO XYKON!" moment he's been pretty focused on making things better for goblins. He's just speciest, he hates humans and can rationalize doing anything to them by his childhood hatred of the paladins.

If Xykon really suspected treachery, he would never have trusted Redcloak with his phylactery. Though I'm honestly not sure if Xykon will give it to Redcloak once he tracks it down or Tsukiko.

Hehe... that'd be a hilarious twist. Xykon gives his phylactery to Tsukiko, and she destroys it when she realizes he doesn't love her. Hilarious indeed.