Quote Originally Posted by pffh View Post
What about running it for fewer then 4 players? I have 2 maybe 3 (damn RL stuff getting in the way) players that I'm thinking of running it for andwould letting them start at level 6 be enough?
I'm considering 3 characters with gestalt rules. I was going to do that for Pathfinder's "Kingmaker" but the sheer size and scope of that one just wore me out before we even started.

"RHoD" was my favorite 3.5 player experience (though a certain fiendish behir did us in messily...) and we did 3 gestalt PCs for that. My monk-cleric was loads of fun.

Anyone else done gestalts for "RHoD"?

I've got a huge 3.5 library that's gone mostly unused, so if/when I GM it, I am going to try to dust off certain books , maybe focusing on one per chapter or so. "Heroes of Horror" for the Ghostlord, "Heroes of Battle" for Brindol, "Fiendish Codex" and "Book of Vile Darkness" for the Fane, etc. I've already reworked some of the goblin cavalry as Cavalier (PFRPG) 1/Dragonfire Adepts 5. Brutal, mobile little wolf-riders. Also toying with Kharn according to the suggestions made. I forgot how brutal Crusader could be.

Have really enjoyed the discussions here!