View Single Post

Thread: Vampire IV: The Song of Night

1. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire IV: The Song of Night

Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    ((Point at billtodamax [I]because I think we have to point...
    ((This is correct. Though you appear to be pointing to nominate the Bane King this first night, whatever that might be.))

At the estate, the Count Din Elfre moved among the servants still in the central keep, directing them with subtle gestures and the faintest of verbal cues.

Toward the back of the manor, a misshapen wreck of a man, bound in garments stain'd and foul drags behind him a pack of hunting animals on stout iron chains. ... to call them dogs would be stretching the word to its limits. As he reaches the far end of the estate, he howls at the snarling beasts, a low ululating tone more animal than man resonating in the air. He pulled up the massive bar high enough that when he pressed his back against the massive wooden doors he was able to pry them just wide enough to pass a man through. Another long, forlorn howl as he sidled through, half-dragging the hunting beasts with him before removing the chains.

The creatures stood motionless a moment, until the realization of unexpected freedom struck ... and they loped off into the woods before their master changed his mind.

The abominable wretch squeezed back through, tugging the massive door with all his strength until it came shut again and lowering the bar in place.

Soon. Soon all would be in readiness. Even now, the guests were beginning to arrive..
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2010-10-26 at 08:22 PM.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.