"Hah, indeed! If that were our only worry, I'd hardly need to hire you. But cheer up, disposing of a cursed object is sure to earn us some good luck in return."

The winds strengthen and the temperature drops noticeably as you climb out of the delta valley, the trail Olain follows taking you some distance away from the river, although it remains in sight. A light dusting of snow grows on the ground as you walk, although it is not yet deep enough to impede the wagons' progress. A lone wolf shadows you at a distance for a while, and twice you surprise ptarmigans near the trail, but it is still early spring, and there is little life visible as you travel.

As evening nears, you descend into a small valley on the leeward side of a large rock outcropping that seems to have been sheared off vertically at some time in the past. There is little evidence of rubble, and the valley is host to a small village that seems to have been constructed recently. Most of the buildings are wooden, but there are three of stone, and all of them match the style you saw in the gnomish district back in Seurd.

"Actia," says Olain as you approach, perhaps unnecessarily. "Think they're planning on planting this valley come spring proper, but for now they've had a fair bit of free time, and where gnomes are involved, that means music. The traders appreciate a good instrument, so I'll be doing some acquisition tonight. They were fairly accommodating last time I came through, so we shouldn't have to worry about the wagons; they've got a small inn here that'll keep them safe. You three can do as you wish for the night, so long as you're ready to leave at first light tomorrow."

The inn he leads you to seems to be serving mostly as a gathering place for the locals; they probably don't see too much traffic. Perhaps the largest of the stone buildings in town, the inn is sturdy and well-built, for the small fire in the hearth keeps it surprisingly warm for its size. Olain pays for your rooms and a place for the wagons, and after a few words with the gathered gnomes, leaves in the company of two of them, presumably to make his 'acquisitions.'