"Sneaking past them is suicide. Even if we manage it, we search for something hidden in the temple and have no idea where to look; we'll be discovered and get pocketed in between the lizards in the temple and those outside. We can either try diplomacy, find an entrance outside the temple to where we want to go or take this place by force. And for the latter, we'd have to act soon. I know the difference between attacking a fortified position or catching an opponent unaware, and the difference will be our very lives and just so you know, I didn't sign up for a suicide mission. Either we act soon while it is still day or you better come up with a damn well great alternative plan because I certainly won't charge to my doon just to say 'I told you so' with my dying breath." Grimmgangs eyes narrowed, he was obviously quite displeased with this turn of events.
Breathing deeply, he regained his composure.
"We could try guerilla tactics, thinning them out with time. Maybe lure some of them in the jungle with this instrument and ambush them. But I'm still convinced our best chance is to strike the blackscales while they're unprepared and then either take the rest out or make a tactical retreat once the blackscales are down, depending on how things develop.
As for our prisoner, heal him up and maybe we learn something about how many enemies we're dealing with, I couldn't take a look inside the huts or the temple. With luck we don't have to get overtly unfriendly."