View Single Post

Thread: Iron Chef XIII: Vigilante

1. - Top - End - #272
    Banned

Default Re: Iron Chef XIII: Vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Cieyrin View Post
    I agree, though specifically calling characters out on it seems wrong to me. It's also breaks with Player vs. Character knowledge to specifically go after the ring to deny them their PRC abilities. How do your foes know that will happen, since PRC prereqs aren't exactly a seeable attribute that you can exploit. Enfeebling somebody so they can't Power Attack is similar, though not quite the same, as reducing Strength weakens many meleers that it's more common knowledge. Idk, it just rubs me the wrong way.
    I see your point, but then again the only thing I mentioned specific against the ring is sundering. Dispel/disjunction/antimagic are good against any adventurer; but against someone who needs those items as a crutch, they are almost lethal.

Also, a wizard noticing that 'he needs to be more strong than average to pull that trick, so I'll drain his strenght' does not seem weird at all to me. If a character knows you need extraordinary reflexes to take advantage of the lyrists' training and knows you got those from an item, destroying the ring so you would lose power simply looks like a smart move. It is a bit of stretching, though, since most people wouldn't have that knowledge.
    Last edited by true_shinken; 2010-10-30 at 06:00 PM.