Achilles smiled as he came to walk beside Meric, on the opposite side of the guard as Eudorus.

"I assure you, Meric, that there is such a place. I was born there. My mother was one of the gods of whom you speak. You may have heard of her, Thetis the Nereid?" he said, still smiling as he remembered his mother. Wrathful and deadly though Achilles may be, he still loved his mother, as all men do.

"Indeed, I have seen and met the Gods, Meric, and many other strange things. I was raised by Chiron, a centaur. His upper half was of a man, but he had the body of a horse. A very wise centaur, Chiron, and I miss him... No matter, we are from Greece, the land of your stories," he finished, allowing Eudorus to continue.

"We have never heard of your King Galbatorix, but perhaps you might have heard of the High King in Greece? King Agamemnon of Mycenae. We were part of his army, sailing to make war on the wicked Trojans for an insult against the Greeks. The story is long, and we shall not bore you with it, but we must be returning." The Captain said.

"Indeed, the Oracle has foretold that Troy shall not fall unless my friend Achilles is with the army, so I imagine Agamemnon is sick with worry without him" Patroclus joked as he jogged up to fall into step beside Achilles. Eudorus chuckled, the animosity between the High King and the Lord of the Myrmidons was the talk of gossips in all of Greece. Achilles smiled and punched Patroclus lightly in the shoulder jokingly, though even a light blow from Achilles' lean arms made the slightly built Patroclus wince slightly.

"I have never heard of Algaesia, Meric, not even in our stories and tales. However, your land must have been carved by an angry Titan, for your mountains remind me of a jagged, serrated blade. It must not be a pleasant place to dwell," Achilles remarked as they continued to follow Meric through the straight, uniform streets of the fortress-city.