View Single Post

Thread: Random Superpowers

1. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Random Superpowers

Quote Originally Posted by lordyoshi01 View Post
    What it's three powers now? Fine, I'll play along, I already got screwed with two useless powers I might as well risk a third, I roll and get... the hell I gotWater Generation? The *+&^? That's even more useless than my previous powers! At least with the ability to control daylight hours I could be a friggin effective terrorist, and with money ray I can buy some cool stuff, but come on, water generation? The one power that would mess up my love of electronics and books and I can't even use it in combat short of being able to spit water?!

I'm going to cry in a corner now...
    Are you kidding me? These rock!

By being able to effect the earth's rotation you can manipulate sea level across the globe (since the earth's rotation causes the earth to currently bulge out a a little more at the Equator). Slowing this would cause planet-wide floods. You could level civilizations at a whim. You'd be unaffected yourself by groundwater tainting due to your water generation powers and could provide any area you wished with relief and/or immunity to the world-wide sea level crisis. Your ability to create currency means that while all other nations take a huge financial dip from dealing with rebuilding their ruined cities you can further undermine their currency through generating lots of extra cash in their denominations. Establish your own nation in the wreckage of civilization, declare your currency to be solid gold coins and produce the heck out of them making wherever you choose to rule the world's newest financial superpower.

Congratulations. With your "useless" powers you have conquered the world and changed it as you see fit. And the best part is no one could ever prove it if you did it right.
    Last edited by Trog; 2010-11-14 at 12:48 PM.