1. - Top - End - #16
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: [3.5 Creature] Of flus—and hips—and broken backs—

Debi: I'm happy with the ability as is, thank you for the suggestions. As for your last comment, are you under the impression that a creature has to use every single attack listed under full attack when performing a full attack action? If I used the word "or" that would signify one or the other, not one or the other or both at once. What would be most accurate (as "or" is in fact not accurate in the slightest) would be "and/or" but since creatures can simply chose not to use an attack if they want to, in D&D this is simplified to "and". A full attack is simply what happens when you use more than one attack.

I was going to say that the penalty would be reduced by 5, as you suggested, but I found it much simpler to allow them to use a tentacle attack as a swift action (they have nothing else to use on swift actions anyways) so as to further the idea of the tentacles being autonomic. My ability effectively has the same result, just with different methods. That is regarding standard action attacks, at least. I clearly state that with a full attack they do not receive any penalties for it being a secondary attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendraesar View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this would make a better d20 Modern monster than a fantasy encounter?

Wonderful beastie regardless.
    Alas, I do not know the d20 Modern system, although I agree it would fit nicely. Thank you!
    Last edited by Vaynor; 2010-11-16 at 03:50 PM.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/