Quote Originally Posted by Proven_Paradox View Post
For a martial adept with maneuvers on par with Warblade , you should have some dead levels. All three of the official martial adepts have loads of dead levels. I suggest just leaving them.
Something inside me won't allow me to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Jester View Post
For out of combat stuff, you could give bonuses to skills (jump and acrobatics are a given, but also swim and climb).
As for the class as it stands, I believe it is ok, on par with the warblade and the crusader, which is where you should be aiming for (you could still keep a bit of the swift strike, but I'd use the Scout's skirmish progression instead, which also covers the extra defense).
EDIT : As for the progression, I'd put Freedom of Speed one level lower and maybe give 1 or 2 bonus feats, because everybody likes those and they don't really make your character that much stronger (especially since you removed the finesse and weapon group feats, and this class is now feat starved).
The Acrobatics ability already gives those bonuses. Bonus feats might just do it. I don't want to add skirmish again unless multiple people tell me I should, since so many considered it overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulblazer87 View Post
I can understand what you mean about dead levels; it's something I hate as well, especially since I'm working on an experience-based system for DnD, where instead of needing experience to get a level, you spend experience points to acquire abilities.
I would advise you to look into the Grimoire system in wikia. It should give you a good benchmark to work on. Besides, it's not the individual ability that matters, but rather the collective abilities that change and define a class, so, you may want to give a wide assortment of individually weak features that have a great synergy between them. It would also allow for feats and customization so each player can give them a unique flavor.
On the matter of warblade, I'm working on a revision because, quite frankly, it's an under-estimated class. There's not one class in ToB for warblades, everything's for swordsages. They have no warblade-only feat and even the narrator is a swordsage. So, I'm trying to rebuild it in the Grimoire ideal, but it got a tad too strong. I may end up requesting assistance to tone it down... Heh, imagine that, toning down a fighter class... Where's the world coming to?
That system sounds intriguing, I look forward to seeing it. I'll take a look at Grimoire. I would like to have small, synergistic boosts, but nothing is coming to mind :-/

Thanks for the comments! I'll be revising again here shortly.