*Sigh* Once again I am misunderstood.

Yes, I do know in fact that Races of War AND the Tome material are pre-ToB. I assure you I am well aware of that. However, that is, once again, besides the point. The point is to see unique, usefull class features and the synergy between them BEFORE calculating maneuvres and such mutable class abilities. In other words, we're looking at the standard things that ALL swift slayers will get regardless of what flavour choices they may make. Which is why I said to take them with a bit of salt. I hope that now I am understood.

To that end, I also advise limiting the class features as much as possible and giving only the bare basics to the swift slayer. Things like extra speed or iconic abilities. Then you start building on the rest absolutely essential abilities. The gaps could be filled with flavour abilities or feats. It's at least what I do to make underpowered classes. After all, anything that is underpowered can easily be strengthened, while something that is overpowered usually requires a lot more work to weaken it. Case in point: Wizards.