1. - Top - End - #195
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Tabletop IX: "Mech is king? I never voted for it."

Okay, here's a scenario. You're going into a campaign. The campaign's (relevant) rules are such: It's doubles, and you get a partner who you stick with through the whole thing. Everyone must match the point totals of the player who brings the smallest list, and you don't know who your opponents will be (at least for the first night). You don't know who your partner's going to be either because you had to leave the store before signups were done.

So you need to make a variety of lists at different standard sizes to prepare for pretty much any eventuality. And you have about twelve hours to do it, during which you need to sleep.

You have the following models to work with:
    Spoiler
    Show
    4 heavy weapon teams - 2 heavy bolter, 1 autocannon, 1 lascannon

54 Guardsmen - 2 flamers, 3 grenade launchers, 1 sniper rifle, 1 plasma gun, 1 meltagun, 5 vox-casters, 1 regimental standard, 1 medi-pack, 5 sergeants, rest normal

10 Kasrkin (storm troopers) - 1 flamer, 1 grenade launcher, 1 sergeant, 7 normal

1 company commander w/power fist, 1 astropath, 1 officer of the fleet, 1 master of ordnance

4 Chimeras - 2 normal, 1 dual heavy flamers, 1 heavy bolter turret. One additional if the one you're working on gets finished in the next hour or so, default armament.

And hey, look, you're in my exact situation. Anyone got any bright ideas? And yes, I'm stuck with the above, and I didn't choose the infantry setup; as I think I mentioned last thread, I got my infantry used and haven't had a chance to change anything up yet. It's not a tournament, so I don't have to adhere as strictly to WYSIWYG, but I'd like to be close so I don't forget myself what's what. I'm working on getting a fifth Chimera together and trying to come up with lists, but if I can get pointers to narrow my options a bit, it would speed things up, and I would like to get it done so I can sleep.

Note: Even barring my own preference for veterans, I pretty much have to take my infantry as veterans anyway, since I don't have a platoon command squad, making any other troops choice (besides penal legionnaires and their randomness, which I loathe) illegal.
    Last edited by Renegade Paladin; 2010-11-27 at 07:59 PM.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein