View Single Post

Thread: Dark Heresy Campaign [40k] [IC]

1. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Dark Heresy Campaign [40k] [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by sazzer View Post
    The man grunts, and replies with Could be worse I guess. Least up here you don't often get people trying to kill you just cause they're bored...
    'Don't I know it,' Gavid said, ruefully. 'What a wonderful galaxy we live in, huh?'

On hearing that, the man actually smiles at you - proving that his face actually was capable of such an expression.Well now, I just might be able to do something for you there. Cap'n's a bit tight on such things, but ol' jakey owes me a favour or three so I might be able to swing something for you. Can't promise it'll be cheap though...
    'Well, I have a little money,' Gavid said, warily.

Interesting bunch? That'll be an understatement from the looks of it. What're you all doing up here again?
    'I'm heading to Ornsworld to start a new life there.' Gavid scratched his chin, thoughfully. 'I don't have any other choice.'

He turned to look at Cortez again. 'You see all those scars and tattoos he has? Where do you think he got them?' He waited for the crew members to consider for a moment before he told them the answer: 'He's a missionary, spreading news of the Emperor's divine light to primitives and savages living on feral worlds. And he's good at what he does.'

For a moment he wondered if he should tell them the story about Cortez defeating the Daemonhost. It was probably best that he did not. It would just lead to too many questions. But he had to give some explanation. And so he said: 'He's survived this long. There are scars all over him, but he's still standing, still preaching the faith. What does that tell you? He chuckled. Then he shook his head in wonderment.

'I'd guess that he's travelling to Ornsworld to make sure that they're keeping the faith as well they should,' he said, after a short pause. 'I don't know. There are always rumours of heresy.'

Satisfied that he'd explained Cortez's presence as well as anyone could, Gavid turned his attention to Trenton. He was quite sure that his teammate didn't want most of the crew members to know that he was a sanctioned psyker. Nevertheless, Gavid didn't want to tell a lie that could be easily proved wrong; he especially had no desire to make up stories about Trenton without seeking his permission first.

He took refuge in the fact that he'd only met Trenton a few hours before; really he knew little about him.

'I don't really know who he is or what he's doing here,' he said, speaking slowly, as if this was a grudging admission. 'He said he was born on Belias IV. It's supposed to be like... heaven for living people. Can you imagine that? Why did he leave- I don't know- what kind of fool would choose to give it up?'

Again he shook his head, looking bewildered. 'I think he said something about how he was raised by the Schollam. He's a mysterious, dark, handsome stranger. Other than that... I just don't know.'

Then a thought occurred to him: 'Why don't you ask him? Trenton! Hey, come over here, won't you?'

Out Of Character:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's your cue, Teivel. (For when you get back, at least.)
    Last edited by Manticorkscrew; 2010-11-24 at 12:04 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Kalirush for the most excellent Avatar.