1. - Top - End - #291
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Community Based Monster Classes: Come in and help out!

Quote Originally Posted by ChumpLump View Post
    Wereremorhazes:
    I feel this belongs in another thread, and is not quite in line with the Community Based Monster Class project. Remorhazes are more than bestial, capable of 'complicated' strategy (Push man off cliff, go eat dead man). They aren't terribly... Rule of thumb Int of 3 is the absolute highest a Were-beast should have. And 3 is pushing it.
    I disagree on this one, personally. For me the key point is that remorhaz neither speak nor understand any language. They are smart animals, but I think they're intended to be more akin to very clever monkeys or dolphins. As far as dropping a victim from a high place and then going to eat the fallen critter, that's not more complicated than what real-world animals do. This is fairly easily observed by owning a cat and keeping its food in a bin on a shelf that can be jarred open by a fall.

That said, I think doing were-remorhaz before doing actual remorhaz is kind of goofy, and were-undead are, frankly, sort of a dumb idea. ("He's only a little bit dead! It's intermittent!")
    Last edited by Benly; 2010-12-11 at 12:36 PM.