1. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Community Based Monster Classes: Come in and help out!

Any more comments/suggestions for the Phrenic Creature?

Also ...

Thorn
    Spoiler
    Show

The Weapon of Thorns ability need some heavy rewording. The second paragraph is very confusing and makes little to no sense until you read the third paragraph. What I took from it was "I can make little thorns grow on a weapon I hold." which has no effect other than an aesthetic one.

Also, the ability itself is tremendously powerful. It's the ultimate 1 level dip for any melee character that needs a weapon. You only ever need to buy mundane weapons, then spend 5 minutes to give it bonuses better than those you could reasonably afford using WBL.

Perhaps allow it to only boost the item in this way for a certain number of rounds per encounter? HD rounds, or HD/2 rounds would be appropriate I think.

Protection of the Courts is fine.

Subduing strike is neat, I like it. Give a bonus d6 when using a thorn weapon maybe, to keep it themed with the weapons?

2*HD for Slumbering Shot is a bit much. Either make it at-will and tone it down, or make it limited and power it up. 2*HD is more than you're ever gonna need really. Perhaps allow it to be delivered through a melee attack instead, rather than forcing them into archery?

Melee weapon of barbs seems kind of odd - You're very unlikely to get enough hits on something to totally strip it's natural armour, as those with small NA tend to have low HP and those with enough HP to have it stripped will have more than 5. Perhaps reduce it by 1/4 for each hit (rounded down), totally ignoring it on the 5th hit, dealing the extra 50% damage and then resetting it to full again? Or perhaps reducing it by 1 per HD? Just some kind of scaling would be nice.

Have the ranged thorns cap at HD or something in terms of the penalties, otherwise I can forsee a lot of death by dex damage.

[b]I'm endorsing the Wendigo as an "expert".
    Last edited by Niezck; 2010-12-12 at 04:07 PM.
    Dragonborn Gnome avatar by the ever-lovely Derjuin!