1. - Top - End - #532
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k Tabletop IX: "Mech is king? I never voted for it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Yep. The other thing that separates them, is that Dark Eldar are more likely to get off the Assault than the Orks are, negating Orks' Furious Charge, while the DE can have their own Furious Charge, and/or poison, negating their better Toughness. Orks' Initiative also sucks. Like, really bad.
    The extra toughness is pretty handy in melee. Orks are used to going last anyway.

Most of the dark eldar's poison is in guns, orks are used to guns wounding them on 4s and allowing no save. Of course then there's wracks.

I've seen lots of people building Dark Eldar, but I haven't seen that many people playing them. In fact I'm pretty much the only one i've seen use them.

Orks also lack a lot of S6+ weapons and Power Weapons.
    Uge Choppas on nob's mobs not popular I'm guessing?

For shooting its pretty much grotzookas and then their subpar battlecannons.

Killa kans would be good against dark eldar, but you'd need a lot of them to survive the lances. You're also hitting on 5s in melee against some things.

Tau aren't that bad for S6 guns.

Yeah, but you certainly don't have to. That's what makes Blood Angels so good. You can make your HQ anything you want, and still take a Librarian Dreadnought anyway if you want a Psychic Hood.
    I've ordered a venerable dread to convert into a librarian, but the speed at which my dreadnoughts die and the reliability at which my librarians die makes me doubt them.

I was planning on being very careful with him and flying him from cover to cover until the rest of the army was in position for a combined strike.
    Last edited by Closet_Skeleton; 2010-12-13 at 05:55 AM.
    "that nighted, penguin-fringed abyss" - At The Mountains of Madness, H.P. Lovecraft

When a man decides another's future behind his back, it is a conspiracy. When a god does it, it's destiny.