1. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Murphy's Law 5: To Comic 100...And Beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    No, Tiamat helped Astrid make them, but they're Astrid's.
    So...if Salblaze was created like a mortal, could he be resurrected? Is there an afterlife for gods? Maybe I'm getting outside the scope of things here...

Even if it is a bit misunderstanding, the Book of Rockwell certainly does not have quaint country images on its cover any more than the Book of Astrid does.
    I know. I was making a horrible pun there...and when I mentioned when Kylie should post that passage.

Besides, do you honestly think anybody would listen to Kylie if she did that? If anything, they'd grow even angrier and she might not make it out of the town square alive.
    The town square thing was just an excuse to make a bad pun. What I'm trying to say is why don't they point to their teachings and THEIR take on the murder of Salblaze? It would at least discredit the image of Plavaan doctrine being simply "Might makes right and making sissy fertility goddesses of love and healing and all that pansy crap cry is AWESOME!!!"

On that note, the Plavaan aren't explicitly forbidden from going outside during the Day of Ascent, but everybody knows that doing so is tantamount to suicide.
    No, but the Plavaan keeping their side of the story to themselves only makes sense to me if they don't know about Astrid's side at all and see no reason to defend themselves. The fact they know what the Day of Ascent is and that it has something to do with why they're hated so much demonstrates that yes, they know what's going on, so why not speak up?

...I'm aware that you're probably going to answer most if not all of these in comic later on. I'm just stating my appreciation of the story and sharing my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    my first reaction would be to make some sort of goblin who did go outside on the Day of Ascent.

and survived.
    How? By stealth? That sounds like a pointless act if nobody knows about it but you. By force? Now you've given them a LEGITIMATE reason to hate goblins. By diplomacy? That's a victory...unless you were just preaching to the converted anyway.
    Last edited by Raging Gene Ray; 2010-12-14 at 11:51 PM.