View Single Post

Thread: Fun Down On the Farmpunk: Join in!

1. - Top - End - #382
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Fun Down On the Farmpunk: Join in!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Tonics:
    Revitalizing: this tonic restores 2d6 vitality points and removes the fatigued condition from the consumer.
    Energizing: this tonic provides a +2 morale bonus on all skill checks, attack rolls and saves.
    Invigorating: this tonic provides a +2 medicine bonus to strength.
    Relaxing: this tonic provides a +2 medicine bonus to dexterity.
    Toughening: this tonic provides a +2 medicine bonus to constitution.
    I approve, but could do with the option to provide penalties as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Drugs:
    When making a drug, choose a specific poison (i.e. rattlesnake venom) or disease (i.e. the Blackwater Taint). The drug provides the one drinking it a +5 medicine bonus on his next save against that disease or poison.
    While complete versimilitude is a noble goal, one cure for one disease and one antidote for each posion doesn't really help out game mechanics. I think having a generic "disease cure" and a generic "antidote" is the way forward, providing a +2 (or higher) bonus on saves and allowing you to make a new save if you have the disease. Perhaps specific drugs could allow higher saves for their named disease, but act as a generic drug for all other diseases. Makes it less of a downer if you've got The Hillbilly Itch*, and your party doc only has his patented Blackwater Taint cure.

*I just made that up, but it sounds like it could be either inconvenient, or majorly unpleasant just with a light-hearted name. Perhaps dex drain, with secondary con?
    Last edited by cheezewizz2000; 2010-12-15 at 05:08 AM.
    Trust me. I'm a geologist.

My/Friends' Homebrew.

Home on the Range? Bright light city gonna set your soul on fire? Or were you born to be wild? Americana-Punk wants YOU to contribute your homebrew!