View Single Post

Thread: Fun Down On the Farmpunk: Join in!

1. - Top - End - #384
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Fun Down On the Farmpunk: Join in!

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    How about this, then: specific antidote gives +5, general antidote gives +2.
    Or: in keeping with the triumvirate nature of this setting: (3 magic types, 3 broad regions, 3 tech levels, 3 levels for each talent, 3 trickster spirits, 3 shining cities + an imitation one, see a pattern? I don't think it's one we should force, just I like that it has come about and we should take advantage of it when we see an opportunity)

Cures/tonics come in three varieties:
    General, Specific and Patented*.

General cures provide a +2 bonus to saves against all diseases.

Specific cures have the name of the disease in the cure: e.g. "Blackwater Taint Remedy" and provide a +4 bonus to saves against that disease, but also a +2 bonus to saves against other diseases.

Patented cures have name's such as "Dr Spangler's Patented Blackwater Taint Tonic". They provide a +6 bonus to saves against that disease, but also a +2 bonus to saves against other diseases. Patented cures will only work as a general cure in The Wild due to the complicated mix of chemicals used to make them.

*Not that the guv'ment's patent office has any record of these drugs, and the number of requests to view the patent documents for people peddling these dubious wares has resulted in the creation of a form letter that is simply stamped and sent as a reply
    Last edited by cheezewizz2000; 2010-12-15 at 06:19 AM.
    Trust me. I'm a geologist.

My/Friends' Homebrew.

Home on the Range? Bright light city gonna set your soul on fire? Or were you born to be wild? Americana-Punk wants YOU to contribute your homebrew!