Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
Absolutely. Which reminds me: did people see my newest Stranger talent, now that we are speaking of Blackwater taint? Didn't get any comments on it.

Also, I should try and write more, but I'm pretty much out of ideas. Some help here?
Looked alright to me. Very terrifying. Very hard to inconspicuously poison anyone with the basic talent, given that the water changes so dramatically. I'd say that the water remains clear. The fish all dying later would be a pretty big hint that it had all gone horribly wrong, and by that point the stanger would move on.

We need to think about fictional characters who conform to the stranger archetype. Villains, people who sold their souls, etc. Any suggestions?

I think part of the problem you might be having is that you're trying to shy away from anything overtly supernatural. Ok, so Eldritch Blast is a bit flashy, but adding a little extra profane damage to hits isn't out the question. Flying might be too much, but being able to ignore difficult terrain, not leave tracks and not set off traps due to unnaturally light steps might work. Even the effects of blink aren't too flashy if you fluff it as being because his pacts just make him lucky enough to not get hit, or fast enough to get out the way.