Quote Originally Posted by Mecharious View Post
...I'm wondering what you think of my Str/Dex analysis on post 270.
I share the belief that, as it stands right now, strength-based heroes are at a distinct disadvantage. I tried to provide other non-damage reasons why STR would be on par with DEX, such as lifting and breaking and throwing and whatnot, and also how some weapons had properties (Ranged and Huge, for example) that were simply BETTER than others but unusable by most DEX-based classes, but obviously this wasn't enough.

The reason that the book was released with this very obvious problem is pretty simple - I don't really know how to fix it.

For both flavor and canon reasons, DEX should be every bit as valuable as STR when it comes to raw numerical firepower in combat. When it comes to actual game design, though....well, let's just say I'm still browsing through lots of 3.5 homebrew for bouncers, bruisers, and other professional toughguys, looking for inspiration.
Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
Hm.......question. Does a dark knight who becomes a paladin lose the huge weapon ability?
Fallen paladins and redeemed dark knights don't change their weapon or armor types; just their HP, MP, spells, abilities, and possibly their limit breaks if the GM feels this is appropriate. You don't suddenly forget how to throw a good right hook just because you're fighting for truth and justice and the Ivalician way! Likewise, falling to the dark side doesn't also force a sudden change of dress code. (Okay, well it DOES, but we're talking pastels, not plate.)