Storm was in an angry mood tonight. Too many of her fellow X-men were dead and the Brotherhood seemed to be laughing at them. She decided that Andre Fairchilde was a member of the Brotherhood and sent lightning at his tent. Before it reached his tent the lightning was caught on Wolverine's claws. Realising that if Wolverine thought it best to protect Andre then he probably wasn't Brotherhood and went back to bed.

In another part of the camp Magneto went to a tent that originally was Horoar's but was now Tasroths. He decided to do something simple and grabbed the nearest heavy iron plate and threw it at the tent. Just before it hit someone grabbed it and pushed it away without touching it. Magneto was confused for a moment as the other person had used his power against him yet he was not drained. He then remembered something. “Launa?” he called into the tent. “Yes Father?” came the reply. “Launa why are you here?” Magneto asked. “I wanted some peace, some place of my own and this seemed to be perfect, at least until you showed up.” Launa replied. “Well in that case I was planning on creating a haven for mutants and will let you join. All you need to do is leave this discussion and stay away from anything that might happen in the next few days here.”
“Okay Father.” said Launa as she headed back to her house.

Spoiler
Show
Storm attacked Andre Fairchilde but he was baned.
The Brotherhood persuaded Tasroth formerly Horoar to leave the game – he was Launa – a villager.

As Launa heads towards the village she meets Sinister on the way. Sinister stops her and gives her an injection removing the disguise for good he then heads to the main square as the group is gathered. He starts round the group giving injections:

Andre Fairchilde returns to Wolverine's natural form.
Atreyu the Masked Llama becomes a freezing Iceman
Banjo1985 returns to his normal form of Leech
Billtodamax becomes the only villager left – Arclight
GAThraawn becomes the lightning powered Storm.
Gray Mage becomes Angel before removing a helmet to reveal Magneto.
Internet Flea returns to the natural form of Psylock.
Ramsus becomes the unstable Nitro
Tydude also returns to Wolverine's natural form.
Zanshim speeds off after being revealed as Quicksilver, also a member of the Brotherhood.

Sinister also gets out of the way of the impending battle.

With the Brotherhood now revealed the battle lines become clear. The Wolverines start towards each other and Arclight tries to decide which of them is the real one. Storm rises into the air and storm clouds gather overhead. Psylock however is on the case and mind locks Storm to stop her summoning the lightning. Leech moves towards Magneto and Psylock to stop their powers when Quicksilver returns armed with several guns. He blasts away at Leech and Arclight turns to stop him. Before he can do that Tydude's Wolverine attacks Arclight as Magneto now grabs Andre's Wolverine and forces him to attack his own team. Iceman and Nitro leave the field to the others and walk away discussing living in a nice peaceful village. With the fight going so much the Brotherhood's way there wasn't much doubt about what would happen and the rest of the X-men and villagers were killed. Magneto rounded up the Brotherhood and left the village in the X-men's car as it was of much better quality than their van.

Soon after Sinister returned to the bodies he put them in cold storage and started to work on a resurrection machine. It would take time and while get the tents tidied up a diary was found in Qwaz's tent:
Spoiler
Show
Diary of Professor Xavier Mimic

Day 1

Well. Here’s a fine pickle and no mistake. One minute we’re chasing Magneto and those he’s bound to him, the next, we all look like…someone else! It’s amazing how vulnerable you feel when you can’t even tell friend from foe! Even though I know we X-men lie in the majority I can’t seem to trust anyone. On a brighter note a pleasant side affect on this gas is the restored use of my legs. I hope going for walks is a safe activity that won’t come back to bite me later.

My first thought was to scan the crowd and find what I needed from the minds of those here but if the brotherhood finds me doing that while they try to hide in the crowd I’ll be done for sure. I shall restrict myself to scanning 1 target and only in the dead of night where I can hopefully assure myself a smidgen of privacy.

Sinister has bade us to sort this change out ourselves. I say why not everyone call a truce? Noone kill anyone until sisister returns with a cure? Would that really be so impossible? Apparently so. My co-inhabitants of this village seem intent on taking someone to the gallows and they want to do it TODAY. For no reason I could fathem two characters a “Ramsus” and a “Lord Pringle” seem to have garnered the anger of the crowd. Ramsus eventually claimed he was an X-man and pointed at Lord Pringle. A few amoung the crowd found that compelling enough and changed their minds to Lord Pringle too! When the act came to pass it was revealed that Lord Pringle was none of than my darling Jean! The phoenix burst into consuming fire as it departed this world mercifully taking Scott along with it. I mourn too for his passing but I know he would follow Jean anywhere and would rather have had events transpire as they did than live a half-life without her.

Throughout her ordeal Jean had maintained a silence befitting her bravery! To my eternal shame I could not do the same. Not wanting to join in the lynch-mob with no evidence to support it I pointed at GAThraawn merely to stop anyone grabbing me for saying silent!

Night 1

I find myself alone at last then. I was going to try to read Ramsus’s thoughts, however, I have had trouble with what I call “mind-interference” before where myself and Jean have tried to read the same persons mind before and gotten nothing but a headache for our troubles. No anyone else with a mind reading talent will probably be going for Ramsus tonight. I had better pick another. I shall go for Calar. He was the first person to give anyone a lead in the voting and that person was Ramsus so it might tell me something there. A horrible thought strikes me though! What if this gas has altered our minds as well as our Bodies? Mimic was, last I saw before the change, impersonating me! He always said with his physical change he got weak impressions from a persons memories and a weak facsimilie of their powers! I have seen myself how that “weak facsimilie” of Logan has been just enough to keep him alive before we could get him under Hank’s knife.

What If I am in fact Mimic? What if I have a diluted, fallible version of the powers I believe myself to hold? Walking feels natural as breathing while I refrain from using my powers save now. No! I cannot trust even myself it seems. I shall continue as I planned but tread quietly. I shall not contact any of the people I read until I have some sort of confirmation of who I am. Confirmation of who I am? There’s a sentence I never thought I’d hear myself utter! I’ve always known who I was. What I am. What was right and what was wrong. This gas is powerful stuff.

Even if I am Xavier it is as well to be cautious. Magneto has always been able to block my telepathy…fool it even into thinking he was a regular homo sapien. Mystique is even worse. Her power fools both the eyes and the mind. This form changing is nothing new to her! I have at various point over the past few years read her to be: Mystique, Magneto, Scott, Rogue, Myself and…I redden even at the memory…a rather nymphomaniacal secretary. Definitely cannot afford to trust my readings; not yet at least.

Luckily even If my reading is 100% correct I would be in no hurry to contact Calar. They are in fact Quicksilver! A member of the brotherhood! I shall keep this news to myself for now though might try to tilt a bandwagon lynch just to see who pops up to protect him.

Though you would not know it I have taking maybe a half hour gap in my writings. I have just come returned to my tent after witnessing a horrible scene. Hank impaled on a tent pole! He was beyond our care. My regret is that he could have been mentally screaming the names of his attackers in his last few seconds but my cowardice prevented me manifesting my powers. If I don’t have his blood on my hands then I certainly have that of everyone else who is needlessly killed here. I am a monster. I shall find no rest tonight.

I can only imagine this is Magneto and the brotherhoods doing. Two deaths today isn’t enough for them? If I’m honest I would have expected Ramsus to die tonight. He had claimed to be an xman with a power we need and yet the wolves target someone else. They have had no time to do readings of their own. I would think Ramsus a member of the brotherhood were it not for the fact I scried Calar as one (I’m working under the hypothesis that I am myself just not acting upon that hypothesis yet). It maybe that the brotherhood intentionally left him alive. To everyone else it looks like Ramsus escaped, without any reason, from the brotherhood’s clutches and we may end up lynching him today because of it. I shall try to avoid this if at all possible. With Calar pointing at him it adds strength to his claim that he’s an xman.

Day 2

Today Atreyu and Diva De between them split much of the vote. Ramsus apparently forgotten. When it came my turn to vote I, fearful of making a non-consensus point for a 2nd day running, pointed to Atreyu. Trying to console myself with the blood that any accusation puts upon my hands I choose to use mine to even up the votes so neither Atreyu or Diva De was in the lead.

As it transpired Atreyu was chosen for the slaughter but at the last minute he was saved by Shadowcat’s power! I must applaud Shadowcat! No blood was spilt today. If this insanity continues, however, I may be forced to reprimand Shadowcat…the only way to ferret out the brotherhood if the night-time killings continue will be to investigate during the day. Oh I lament our world where not even an educated few can stave off violence while a cure is sought.

Now I must ask myself. Who is Shadowcat? How does she know Atreyu is an Xman worthy of saving? Is Atreyu Shadowcat? He shall certainly be read but not while others try…not tonight.

Night 2

Tonight I have turned my mind towards Grey Mage. I am still plagued by doubts about the validity of my “sight”, my mind…my very being. I hope that soon some light will be shed…maybe Mimic or (currently my worst fear) the real Xavier will be killed. In the mean time I know that Gray Mage has started two successful lynchings in two days. Now this may be by chance or it may be that he has brotherhood support! Either way I shall know more before the night is through…I pray the brotherhood needs their sleep. I have lost enough loved ones already.

Gray Mage is Nightcrawler! A friend at last…or is he? It could be Magneto or Mystique or I could be Mimic and know nothing whatsoever! Ahhh the frustration.

Eventually I will have to contact someone but for now I shall remain quiet and develop a plan for safe communication with those I think to be my Xmen.

Addendum: It is with deepest sorrow that I record how I will neither be able to applaud nor reprimand Shadowcat. Reinholdt was killed by the brotherhood tonight and was revealed as Shadowcat. If only Wolverine had been as quick to catch on she was.

Day 3

A fair number of us have rounded upon a man whose name I admit is a little bit of a mouthful… KerfuffleMach2. Internet Flea has been swiftly followed in his votes by GAThraawn & Sammy. It seems a little quick for my liking.

I know what I must do now as regards contacting those whose minds I have read. I must scry a few and then decide on one who’s public actions have been virtuous. That one person shall become my contact to the rest. Should I choose poorly and select Magneto or Mystique, all is lost. However, should I chose wisely my contact shall become an extention of myself. A proxy…my shield. They will talk to those whose mind I have read on my behalf and claim they are the seer themselves. Then, should my shield be killed soon after the addition of a new member to the group, we’ll have ourselves someone to suspect. In short my immediate action should be to do nothing. Then, when I have a choice of candidates, chose my mouthpiece.

Praise be for Bruntonspall! He has noted that there was an attempt made yesterday on Reinholdt’s life during the day aswell! What’s more (though I think he does not know it) it contained a member of the brotherhood according to my mind-reading: Calar. To me it stinks of Psylocke noticing Shadowcat night one and the Brotherhood trying to lead a lynch. When it failed Reinholdt was instead killed night two! Good spot Brunton! Your mind is on the list of mine to read.

Unfortunately it seems the Xmen don’t have quite the same insight as Bruntonspall and are continuing the lynching of KerfuffleMach2. I still think the evidence is more heavily stacked against Calar, GATraawn and Banjo1985. Hopefully we’ll get back on that track soon…But not before we’ve killed an innocent bystander. “RIP KerfuffleMach2. You’re name too long, your life too short.”

Night 3

So it’s finally time for me to read Ramsus’ mind! I confess myself excited. He claimed to have a power role of some sort that could be beneficial to the X-men’s cause!

But ahhhh. I hear the uproar. There is another murder already. I shall return soon.

Well it seems my worst fears have been justified. I believe myself a mind reader yet know not my own mind! Professor Xavier was killed tonight. Words cannot express my duel grief & fear.

Apparently Ramsus is Pyro. Maybe Magneto though…or Quicksilver. Maybe it’s Greg – The village baker come home from his festival early..

All my plans lie in ruins. My only course now is to try and interfere with psylocke’s mental powers as much as possible since mine cannot be trusted.

A dark night indeed.

Day 4

I have lost all enthusiasm. Without the professor what chance do we have of finding each other? I feel the net of the brotherhood closing all around me.

Now the real professor had accused GAThraawn yesterday. Most of the crowd, including myself, thought it was a fair bet GAThraawn had his mind read on one of the two previous nights and accused him ourselves.

GAThraawn claimed he was Storm…She was Storm to disperse the lynch-mob gathering around her. She offered to strike a target with her fierce power as proof too so the mob let her be for the moment and turned on Calar. He had also voted against Shadowcat on Day 2. Up until last night I would have rejoiced at the opportunity to turn the mob onto Calar but without being able to trust my reads I just hope my reasoning is sound and I picked wisely.

I did not. Calar was Gambit. Another of my beloved Xmen. This is too Cruel. I know I am not Xavier yet I cannot stop thinking like I am. I remember Mimic…myself. I could always see the brightside. Joke and make light of whatever happened. When the gas wears off or a cure is found will my mind become my own again or will I simply be the Professor’s impotent echo forever?

Gambit. Reqiescat in Pace. Well, let others rest at least. No stealing wallets then kisses in heaven ok? I miss you.

Night 4

Who to read? Who to read? I’m having trouble deciding. I’m hindered also by a lack of urgency. I know I shall not read them correctly so why would I bother? Yes, yes I know why. But who? Who will Psylocke be trying to ferret out?

It’s strangely quiet tonight. There has usually been a murder by this time. I shall just nip out to see if anything’s happening. Perhaps the air will aid in the descision I must make. I won’t be long.

GAME OVER
The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants win a flawless victory under the names of Gray Mage, Internet Flea, Ramsus, Tydude and Zanshim.
Atreyu the Masked Llama also wins by getting Diva De lynched and surviving the night.
Role List

Spoiler
Show

{TABLE]Player|Role name|Role Type
Andre Fairchilde| Wolverine | Baner
Atreyu the Masked Llama| Iceman | Rival
Banjo1985 | Leech | Nullifier
Billtodamax | Arclight | Villager
Bruntonspall | Rogue | Voider
Calar | Gambit | Villager
Diva De | Pyro | Rival
GAThraawn | Storm | Sniper
Gray Mage | Magneto (Scries as Angel) | Alpha
Internet Flea | Psylock | Devil
KerfuffleMach2 | Pixie | Villager
Lex-kat | Professer Xavier | Seer
Lord Pringle | Jean Gray | Lover
Orzel | Beast | Villager
Qwaz | Mimic | Fool
Ramsus | Nitro | Beast
Reinholdt | Shadowcat | Day Baner
Sammy | Nightcrawler | Villager
Tasroth | Cyclops | Lover
Horoar -> Tasroth2 | Launa | Villager
Tydude | Mystique | Disguiser
Zanshin | Quicksilver|Wolf[/TABLE]

Comments:

Although I narrated this game I was running out of ideas near the end and will quite happily hand over any sequels to whoever wants to run this setting.

Questions:

Did you enjoy the game?
Did you enjoy the narrations?
Do you think the sides were balanced?