1. - Top - End - #313
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WW Central VII: Important WW information goes here - READ OPENING POSTS!

OK, on my Spy Wars game, interest has been slow, and I am not sure why. The rules are listed in the spoiler below.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Basically it works like this:
    There are 3 or 3+ teams, with a minimum of 9 players. Notice that the game may involve more than three teams, if enough interest. There are 3 special characters per team: Alias, Medic, and Ace. In a 9 player game, only an alias per team. 12 players, only a medic and alias per team. All players start at 10 HP. The main moves are attack or check. To attack, a player rolls 1d10 and deals that damage to the player they choose. They also have to roll a 1d4 and 1 is a miss, no damage. Please post both rolls on this thread after you name who you want to attack. All players would have a IDDC. (ID dice count). A players IDDC would be 1d10+10. However, to make a successful check, (which I would roll privately), they would have to roll 1d20 and score high enough. It is intended to be difficult. The medic would PM me who to heal, and I roll 1d6HP back to that player. A medic CAN target his/herself. However, max HP is of course 10 HP. The medic can also make an attack or check simultaneously with healing, for the sake of keeping ID secret. The Ace can make an automatic kill by posting a fake attack roll (1d10 result 10) on the thread and informing me that he/she is using ace attack. This move can only be done once for the whole game. The Alias may choose a different team from theirs for their "fake ID." If a player rolls 10 or higher, but not the IDDC necsassary to detect the real ID, they get the fake ID as the result. The winners are the survivors of the winning team.

I am not exactly sure what the problem is, and if someone could PM me or post possible solutions I would be very appreciative. Is it too complicated, am I not giving it enough time? Are people too busy with other games? Since the minimum number is 9, I can't imagine numbers is a problem. Any advice would be appreciated. BTW, if the general idea is simply uninteresting to people, I won't take offense.

@V Thanks for all your ideas guys, I will see what happens after Christmas. Also, Korias mentioned that my game seemed a little complicated. I will see if I can clear things up a little. What do you think?
    Last edited by 101jir; 2010-12-19 at 08:01 PM.
    Long Sig (now with nonsense riddles).

Squadron leader of =Knights of Wolf= in War Thunder

...you either learn to laugh, or you go insane. I prefer to laugh.
    -Ee'char STDS9: Hard Time