New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

1 H4Z M4D3 30 S3C TR41LR LULZ!!!!11ONE

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x...ABRFI_0001.flv

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Hmm or maybe he's just good at this stuff but not much else (Technically since I have Asberger I should concentrate even more on one thing and suck at anything else, I just won't)
    That's the spirit! Have the syndrome, not the symptoms!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have alot of free time and i don't know what to do. I'd like to do something to do with FI but I have no idea what.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Wait, if death is on the resistance side, ccant he choose NOT to reap the resistance members ? Effectively making them immortal ?
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

5. - Top - End - #455

I thought he only reaped those that had gotten killed.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, if death is on the resistance side, ccant he choose NOT to reap the resistance members ? Effectively making them immortal ?
    It doesn't work like that I'm afrade. I don't KILL people, I simply harvest their souls after they die.

on a side note, NU DEF LULZ?

Last edited by Nameless; 2008-12-22 at 10:46 AM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    He if does that, he'll be fired.

The more I think about it, I don't think it's a good idea to have the Grim Reaper himself as an active resistance member. He's just too powerful.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-22 at 10:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    He if does that, he'll be fired.

The more I think about it, I don't think it's a good idea to have the Grim Reaper himself as an active resistance member. He's just too powerful.
    Hey, I've been in ABR before your character was even born, and everything has been going dandy thank you very much!

I've already explaind how I can't controll who dies and who doesn't so there.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

NON CANON
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!...oooooooooo!.....OO!

I didnt get to make a FFF comic where Fayte and Diskord fight leading to Fayte using up all his energy thus becoming completely mortal.
    (It takes a heckalota energy to remove someone from existance...)

and if the whole ending FFF has already been discused then im sorry but i am lazy and couldnt be bothered to read through this thread.
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground

I can't figure out how to draw doomer's hair from the back. Does anyone have any idea?

11. - Top - End - #461

Fayte, MM said that it was noncanon.

edit; found the quote
    It's noncanon.

@Threeshades: Why did your character join the resistance ? It seems more logical to join the UNA so that she can have technobabble optical implants. Flesh out your character by providing an explanation.
    Last edited by memnarch; 2008-12-22 at 10:54 AM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
    and if the whole ending FFF has already been discused then im sorry but i am lazy and couldnt be bothered to read through this thread.
    We quickly build up to a final climatic battle against the Shades. Big fight, they die, then we get suspicious about the UNA and form a resistance. Cue Timeskip.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Fayte, MM said that it wasnoncanon.
    It's even written in his post, where he quoted my comic.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-22 at 10:53 AM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    I can't figure out how to draw doomer's hair from the back. Does anyone have any idea?
    ####
    ###
    ##

^^^= squiggle hair

and as to the whole Noncannon....
    *phew*

EDIT;...
    ah crud now i have to do a comic as stated about Fayte and Diskord fighting...
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2008-12-22 at 10:55 AM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
    ####
    ###
    ##

^^^= squiggle hair

and as to the whole Noncannon....
    *phew*

EDIT;...
    ah crud now i have to do a comic as stated about Fayte and Diskord fighting...
    Get out of the sinking Vendetta and do it, so you will stop worrying about it.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

.... i thunk i know how to do this...
    going AFGiantITP BBWhenComicIsDone
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

frown Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

I am not at odds with the use of "Felix" in a non-scientific medium, given the general level of scientific illiteracy in this generation. What frustrates me is the use of the term "race". I find it everywhere in fantasy. People, "race", when used to describe the other ethnicities of the homo s. sapiens or other species, is an obsolete term !

My first "novel", written at the age of 7 and comprising 250+ pages, was a horrible pile of nonsensical garbage for which I was wrongly praised for, like many other amateur writers. Luckily, I have improved my writing skills and you can now actually comprehend what I write.

I am actually good at nearly everything (except some sports which I dislike).
    GAAAH *brain exploding* I'm only good at 20 stuff.

@Bayar: Stupid banner. Kobolds don't screw the rules they are friging LAWFUL evil
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2008-12-22 at 11:38 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    That's the spirit! Have the syndrome, not the symptoms!
    Then I wouldn't have the syndrome anyway. It actually doesn't make a difference anyway, it's just a stupid way of saying "unpopular and different but good at one thing"...
    Actually that might be a good reason to use it....

Memo: kill Mad Mask after killing Nameless.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

It's a reference to Pun-Pun, where by finding loopholes in rules a kobold can become the most powerful creature in existence.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Banned

I happen to be 12, turning 13 in December. I come in second.
    I like writing stories, but I never finish them. The biggest I've gotten is about 3 pages. And they weren't even that good.
    And I think that Nameless might be a bit too...strange. Odd. Crazy. Overall, humorous. Not exactly 'badass'. It might be better if Nameless was a bit more serious.
    Also, love the trailer Nameless.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2008-12-22 at 11:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    It's a reference to Pun-Pun, where by finding loopholes in rules a kobold can become the most powerful creature in existence.
    Never heard about Pun-Pun and it still won't make sense, kobolds don't try finding a way to do that they work for the tribe and never wanned anything else than revenge on Garl Glittergold. Why pick kobolds anyway with the right metod everything with acess to spells can do it.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    I happen to be 12, turning 13 in December. I come in second.
    I like writing stories, but I never finish them. The biggest I've gotten is about 3 pages. And they weren't even that good.
    And I think that Nameless might be a bit too...strange. Odd. Crazy. Overall, humorous. Not exactly 'badass'. It might be better if Nameless was a bit more serious.
    Also, love the trailer Nameless.
    Aww man. Why is all the talented younger than me.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

23. - Top - End - #473

Kobold

Never heard about Pun-Pun and it still won't make sense, kobolds don't try finding a way to do that they work for the tribe and never wanned anything else than revenge on Garl Glittergold. Why pick kobolds anyway with the right metod everything with acess to spells can do it.
    Lol, you need to go to the CO boards sometimes. They have a saying there:

"Anything you can do, a kobold does it better".

Hey, if dragonwrought can be easily abused and the age category table which supposed to be fluff allows kobolds to get epic feats at level 1, and with the greater draconic rite of passage you get +1 sorcerer caster level and with white dragonspawn and that sweet feat from Eberron...

Yeah, the little buggers are monsters that PWN everybody when it comes to optimisation.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Because kobolds are small and frail. It made for better effect, when a knee-high -4 Str, -2 Con creature suddenly wrestles down the tarrasque.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Lol, you need to go to the CO boards sometimes. They have a saying there:

"Anything you can do, a kobold does it better".

Hey, if dragonwrought can be easily abused and the age category table which supposed to be fluff allows kobolds to get epic feats at level 1, and with the greater draconic rite of passage you get +1 sorcerer caster level and with white dragonspawn and that sweet feat from Eberron...

Yeah, the little buggers are monsters that PWN everybody when it comes to optimisation.
    The what-now boards?.

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Because kobolds are small and frail. It made for better effect, when a knee-high -4 Str, -2 Con creature suddenly wrestles down the tarrasque.
    Sota like chicken sized dinosaurs eats dinosaurs bigger than elephants.
    Seriously mages always do such stuff no matter how weak they are.
    If your Dex is high like kobolds is you can avoid using Str and Con.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Just a quick poll:

How many people clicked on my latest comic? Don't be shy.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

27. - Top - End - #477

Me but I knew what it was already from the comments

28. - Top - End - #478
    Barbarian in the Playground

I clicked it but it was accidental.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479

Kobold

Sota like chicken sized dinosaurs eats dinosaurs bigger than elephants.
    Seriously mages always do such stuff no matter how weak they are.
    If your Dex is high like kobolds is you can avoid using Str and Con.
    Character optimisation boards.

Lol, you think that every mage is equally powerful ?

Kobolds start with epic feats (if your DM is an idiot and allows this kind of munchkinery), and he could teoretically cast 2nd levels spells at 1st level by being a sorcerer. Beats wizards like they are nothing

30. - Top - End - #480

Yeah same for me (I think). Why is the one who is smarter always younger! (Since the brain ends evolving at age 22, it doesn't make sense)
    You think you have it bad? I'm only halfway between average and genius, and I tested at the 8th grade level for mathematics in my area when I was in Kindergarten. The public schools in my area make you forget stuff if you're ahead of everyone else, and then they force you to relearn it later. A math teacher there said that negative numbers didn't exist because she didn't want to overwhelm the kids.

There are probably three nonreligious education-based private schools within 100 miles, and they have at least 95% of the population within 100 miles who aren't morons. It's horribly sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Naw, it wasn't a loophole. It was an overlooked factor on the part of the creator. There are two things horribly wrong with pun-pun.
    1) It uses a mix of classes from 3.0 and 3.5 in the same character.
    2) It is dependent on a certain homebrew setting, and based around transforming into a creature that has a CR far below where it should be.
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.