New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Apartment of Doom!

With his amazing perceptiveness, on a second glance at the waitress Steven manages to see that...

"She's kinda hot."

Which is said after Kasumi is out of earshot. He begins to flip through the menu, looking for something that looks tasty. He'll probably have pancakes. He likes pancakes.
    Witch Hunter Avatar by Dr. Bath
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Molly

"Hi! I was looking into putting in an additional lock on my door." Molly began. She then asked the basic question, if they service the area where her building is located. After all, if there was no service, there was no point.

3. - Top - End - #183

Molly
    Spoiler
    Show
    After a brief bit of conversation you find that they do perform locks in your area and can come out anytime you want.

4. - Top - End - #184

Devil

Molly

The young artist schedules a time later today, if it is possible. If not, she does it the next day. If he can come that day, she makes sure her checkbook is ready so that no problems have to happen.

5. - Top - End - #185

Molly
    Spoiler
    Show
    You scheculde it for today. A few hours later you hear the rumble of a motorcycle as you hear John come back. After that, you hear some shouting outside. If you peek you can see a part of the large truck emblazoned with the Locksmithing Logo.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Rashad Barthez

This was going to be a really fun year, apparently...

At least he was feeling less and less crazy as time went on. He wasn't the only one with dreams, other people had had them. Except for John, who seemed to be aware of them just the same. Why would that be? Maybe he was better at hiding it from practice.

Maybe it was age. Everyone who'd had them so far was a freshman. Maybe Molly had dreamed something weird too. He'd bring that up with Steven and Brandon later. So... how long had John been there? If it had been awhile, maybe he'd dreamed when he was younger. Maybe that was why he was the way he was.

If the apartments turned people in "John"s than Rashad didn't want to stay there any longer than totally nessicary.

He stepped into the classroom and became aware that Randy was still talking, he just sort of turned the dude out. "What's your major, Randy?"
    "Buddy, if I bothered to think like that would I be standing here today with an octopus-god larva growing out of my neck?"
    Suh'Zahne, Cultist of Ur

"Since things can't possibly get any worse, Red Mage, we turn to you."
    "Prepare to be proved wrong!"

7. - Top - End - #187

Brandon Weiss

Brandon orders a coffee and a stack of pancakes. Coffee has always been a little too potent for him, but he could stand to be a bit more awake. As the waitress leaves, something starts nagging at his mind.

Her name tag...why did that look familiar. Kasumi. Kasumi. Ka--it's her! This isn't weird and coincidental at all.

"She also might be kinda crazy," murmurs Brandon to Steve, taking care that the waitress is still out of earshot. "I think she's the one who wrote that 'We Are the Delicate' poem that was up on the board. I skimmed it. Unsettling stuff."

When Kasumi comes back, Brandon mentions that he saw a poem posted up on campus that was written by a Kasumi, and asks if she might be the author. "I thought it was good. I mean, the writing was spot on, if unbelievably eerie. But I was wondering where you got the title from."
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2009-01-22 at 10:53 PM.
    Freelance writer and editor, at your service.

http://www.fictionpress.com/~solemncoyote

8. - Top - End - #188

Devil

Molly

Molly peeks out her window a little more, to see if she can see the source of the shouting. Since there's a screen, all she can do is stand on her tiptoes and be creative with the angles. Failing that, she tries to see if she can pick up any of the words.

9. - Top - End - #189

Molly
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately, the primary source of the shouting seems to be coming from the side of the building where no angle will avail you its source. Straining to pick up some of the words you make out bits of it...

"...and I knew i'd find you!"
    "You better forget it." You clearly make out John's voice as one of the two. Some of the words sound garbled and others sound like gibberish. Then you make out.

"You can't just.... quit... Kings.... whole pack..." You make out some of the unfamiliar voices words. Then you hear a sicking crack.

Rashad Barthez
    Spoiler
    Show
    Randy paused from his endless stream of dialog and plot exposition to stare at Rashad for a moment, then smiled that accursed grin of his. "Oh, I don't know yet! I'm just taking a lot of everything, apparently I'm real smart, you know? Scholarship and everything, I'm not even paying to be here, can you believe that?" The annoying young man continued, talking your ear off till you reach the door of your class. Still a couple of minutes, some of the seats are full.

Steven and Brandon
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Oh, you liked it?" Kasumi replies, smiling cheerfully and setting down a plate of pancakes each on the table in front of them and coffee for Brandon, and whatever drink Steven order. After that she took the liberty to sit down beside Brandon.

"Hardly anyone gets it. A lot of the big places think its too... dark, but I love it." She leaned in to whisper more, "And hopefully its my ticket to not work here all though my college career." She giggled, "The title? Well... its a little weird. I just didn't know what to call it but I remember that from some dream I had a long time ago and it sounded okay. I was still living at that Apartment Complex." Kasumi mused to herself, then ducked a little and scanned the room to make sure no one knew she was slacking off.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, and guys, two EXP points to the lot of ya for consistently good roleplaying and making me enjoy the game. And because I forgot I was supposed to be doing it.
    Last edited by Tichrondrius; 2009-01-23 at 12:20 AM.

10. - Top - End - #190

Brandon Weiss

"Yeah, it was good." Except maybe for the surprise cannibalism. That was less than fun. Brandon scootches over to make room for Kasumi. He very nearly falls out the other side of the booth ensuring that there is plenty of room between them. "It's weird that you mentioned the apartment complex, though. Me and Steven here are both living there this semester. It's a little bit....uh..." Crazy? Haunted? Built atop the squamous cyclopean ruins of Shub'thu'thu'thu? "...atmospheric. That was totally the word I was looking for. I think I can see how it inspired a piece like 'We Are the Delicate'."

Brandon notices Kasumi glancing around the diner. "I don't wanna get you in trouble with your boss. Maybe we could talk later?"

Spoiler
    Show
    John's a werewolf? That one I did not see coming.

Also, ye gods. As per this mysterious pheromones flaw, Kasumi is attracted to Brandon. Abort, man! Abort!

11. - Top - End - #191
    Orc in the Playground

Steven raises an eyebrow at the way Brandon behaves towards Kasumi, not having read 'We are the Delicate'. Though he probably wouldn't mind quite as much as Brandon. Just a poem, after all.

What's his problem? He afraid of girls or something?

He mentally shrugs, then looks over at Kasumi to listen to her words.

Okay, this is starting to get seriously ****in' creepy.

For now he lets Brandon do the talking. Partly because his obvious fear of Kasumi was kinda funny.
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

12. - Top - End - #192

Brandon and Steven
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Forget it." Kasumi waved her hand. "They need me here as it is, its like a favor them that a famous writer like me even wastes my time." She continued with a giggle, obviously joking. "No, no, that poem was all from inside the ole' noggin. I just got the name from that place. Didn't stay there long though. This weirdo who was, like, twice my age kept hitting on me. And you couldn't pay me to go back there after that-" She glanced around quickly again, then switched side of the table to sit on Steven's side.

"Hi." Kasumi said, blinking at him. "Why are you so quiet?" She asked, smiling at him.

13. - Top - End - #193

Brandon Weiss

"After that...?" prompts Brandon. Then he notices that Kasumi's attention has shifted to Steven.

Well, she looks interested. Thank God it's not in me.
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2009-01-24 at 12:12 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Steven smiles back politely. "Hey, I'm not usually this quiet. Just...not a morning person, really, you know what I'm sayin'?"

He yawns enormously. "Name's Steven, good to meet ya."

Though he hasn't actually seen John hitting on anyone, as soon as she says 'twice her age' and 'weirdo' Steven figures it out. "That'd be John, right? Looked like a weird guy to me."
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

15. - Top - End - #195

Brandon and Steven
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yeah, yeah, John. Man, this is a trip down memory lane... and a huge conidence, right?" Kasumi said, looking over at Steven one more time, "Just wanted to see if you do a little more then look pretty." She giggled slightly, and elbowed him playfully.

"Mm, anyway." She continues looking at Brandon, "I thought people were required to give that information or something before new people start living there. There was a death there, like, right after I left. About a month ago." The usually chipper girl looked grave.

"Kasumi! Do I pay you to loaf around? If you're not up and working in three minutes i'm docking your pay! One! Two!" The Boss yelled out from where ever he was.

"Oops! Sorryguysgottogotalktoyoulater, okay?" Kasumi said quickly, then hopped up and ran to a group of people that just came in, presumably taking their order.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

First Steven grins, but this disappears quickly when Kasumi mentions the death. He's about to ask her about it when she jumps up at her boss's call.

He turns back to Brandon. "This just keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?"
    Last edited by Warpfire; 2009-01-24 at 12:54 AM.
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

17. - Top - End - #197

Brandon Weiss

"There was a death?!" Brandon tries to keep his voice low, but it probably carries most of the way across the restaurant. "No, they didn't tell any of us about that. I think I'm going to have a chat with the landlady later today. Do you remember the name of the dude who di--" Of course the manager chooses right then to interrupt. Brandon sighs and shakes his head. " 'later." He half-waves.

Once Kasumi leaves, he turns back to Steven and wavers for a second on the verge of telling him about the poem. Well...on the one hand she's possibly a serial man-shanker. On the other, Steve could definitely hook up with her. And she is kinda pretty. Who am I to ****-block him, even on suspicion of man-shanking?

"She certainly sounded friendly," says Brandon around a grin as he slides back across the booth. "You gonna ask for her digits when she comes back?"

18. - Top - End - #198

Devil

Molly

Spoiler
    Show
    This is quite possibly the dumbest thing to do in a nWoD game.

Molly, worried about what went on, grabbed her keys and ran downstairs to see what the matter was.

19. - Top - End - #199

Steven and Brandon
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, the food is good, and that is a relief considering whats been going on these past few days. You half expected it to be made of people or something.

After a little chatting between you guys, Kasumi comes back over. "You guys need anything?" She asked cheerily.

Molly
    Spoiler
    Show
    You get down the stairs and are rounding the bend of the building when the Locksmith truck starts up. John is behind the wheel, and he stares at you for a moment before pulling out onto the road and driving down the dirt path into the denser forest.

With a sick feeling in your gut, you notice some blood on the ground.

20. - Top - End - #200

Brandon Weiss

Brandon glances at Steve and mouths the word number at him.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Steven doesn't notice Brandon, but apparently prompting wasn't necessary.

"Your number," He states with an easy smile of relaxed confidence.
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

22. - Top - End - #202

Brandon Weiss

Okay. Maybe not the most original approach, but it looks like she'll go with it.

23. - Top - End - #203

Brandon and Steven
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kasumi giggled, and bent over far to write her number down on a napkin before sliding it over to Steven. "Don't be a stranger, kays?" She said with a wink. "I'm free tomorrow." She suggested, then refilled your drinks before running off to attend to other tables.

Looks like Steven's gathering quite a collection of numbers. Speaking of phones, Brandons still isn't working since last night. Looks like Kasumi's pretty busy here, maybe now is a good time to follow another lead.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

"Don't worry, I won't be," Steven replies slyly. "I'll call you. Later."

He takes a final bite of pancakes and sets down fork and knife, looking over at Brandon. "Well, I'm ready to get our checks and get outta here when you are."
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

25. - Top - End - #205

Brandon Weiss

"Yeah. I'm good to go. You wanna hit up a mall or something after this? My cell phone's been acting weird since that call yesterday. Getting it fixed might mess with however that guy was calling me, so I figured I'd just buy a new one. There's bound to be some sort of cellphone kiosk at the mall...provided there is one, but I don't think this town is that backwards." Brandon slides out of the booth, pays the bill with a fifty, and walks out to the mustang. Assuming Steven follows, he goes out in search of a mall.
    Last edited by Kuma Da; 2009-01-24 at 07:07 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

"Sounds good, though I have to go to another class later. Still, think I have some time."

And so Steven follows Brandon into the car. "I can't believe Margaret wouldn't tell us about a death. She seems pretty nice. I guess she didn't want to scare people away, but still..."
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde

27. - Top - End - #207

Brandon and Steven
    Spoiler
    Show
    The College itself, though being like a small city, and having dinners and other hang out spots, contains no mall. You'd have to drive back past the Apartment Complex, then turn left to get to the main city and the closest mall.

Assuming you think of something else, you drive around the college in your car for a bit. If you're willing to leave the grounds and go to the main city in search of a mall, drive away from the college and you'll get there.

28. - Top - End - #208

Brandon Weiss

"Well, crap." Announces Brandon after twenty or so minutes of fruitless driving. "There's probably a mall in the city, but that's a bit of a trip. I don't wanna make you miss your class. However, since we're stuck on campus, you wanna see if we can't dig up some information on whatever the hell's going on around here?" Brandon begins looking for a local library.

29. - Top - End - #209

Devil

Molly

Molly nervously grabs her cellphone and tries to edge closer to the source of the blood.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Steven shrugs. "Well, libraries aren't exactly my 'thing', but I guess we don't have anything else to go on, do we?"
    FFRP:
    Jacob Morin
    Jason [Trinity]
    Alamar
    Hyde