New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Gamma World Adventure 20XD6: IC

Adrian watches the young woman hop down from the fountain and move over to the barrels. He leans in to Doc and Irfan:

"She has the kind of grace a fighter could use, but I don't think she is all there. She is talking to the barrels."

Spot (1d20+2): (1d20+2)[8]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Dragon moves toward Adrian. "Excuse me, but did you say that you were to guard these healers?" He asks the proposed defender.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Irfan shakes the newcomers hand firmly. "Bodyguards? That sounds excellent! I'm afraid my usefulness in a combat situation would be somewhat... Limited. I'm sure that Doc and I would be most happy to have you all along.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adrian looks more closely at the barrels and Natsuko... "I did. If they are going into the waste, they will need help. It is a pretty rough place..." Looking back from the strange girl, he looks closely at The Dragon. "You seem like you would be handy in a fight, are you volunteering? Depending on how far they plan to go, they may need all the help they can get."

(ooc - I used the hide roll Dog made earlier for DC. Hope that works. Edit: just realized my check wasn't high enough to spot Dog's hide, I thought he rolled lower. I'm changing my action slightly.)
    Last edited by puctheplayfull; 2008-12-27 at 10:06 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Dog's first reflex is to run, but he controls himself. Something very strange about this woman. He only dimly remembers ever being spoken to politely.

"No thank you," he whispers. "I'm afraid the other people in town would try to kill me if they saw me. If you could not tell them I'm here, I would appreciate it."

Fight or flight rushing through him so hard that his body shakes, but he stays where he is.

6. - Top - End - #36

Doc

"I'd be happy to have you all along, I've heard raider attacks have been on the rise recently." Doc stretches. "Do any of you drink? I have to settle my tab before I leave, so may as well have a few while I'm there."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adrian looks over at Doc with a smile. "You buying? I will help you in the wastes for a cut of any loot we find, but at the moment, I'm without anything to trade and wouldn't mind a stiff drink."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Her head still tilted aside quizzically, Natsuko stands for a moment as if in thought. Then she nods once, and bows to Dog.

She turns to go, but stops abruptly. Reaching into the band of her obi, she pulls out the knotted bit of black hair she'd picked-up earlier, staring at it. She glances at Dog, then back at the lock of hair.

"Not hers," she says, seemingly to herself, and drops it on the ground. She walks over to join the conversing men.
    Setting: The Chimeric City

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Sneak for the Calvin avatar, as well as the Pandaren:
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

9. - Top - End - #39

Doc

"Naturally, everyone needs a stiff drink."
    He puts on a smile, but all this talking is giving him a headache. "Come on, drinks on me."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adrian dusts his coat a bit, and then follows Doc to get a drink. "So what direction did you boy's plan on heading?" He glances over at Natsuko still talking to the barrels and playing with some hair, "And do you plan on taking the strange girl?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

As Natsuko joins the prospective drinkers and paces alongside them she smiles brightly at Adrian; either she didn't hear his "strange girl" remark or it completely failed to faze her.

"Hello. Have you seen my sister?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

12. - Top - End - #42

"If I may interject" The Dragon says, finally cutting in. "It seems you impart on a noble quest to heal the sick help the wounded. I could assist in guarding yourselves and equipment for such a great cause" He says. The Dragon kneels to rubbish filled dirt streets. "I would humbly pledge my service to you"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adrian regards Natsuko calmly. "I have not." In ernest he asks, "Have you?" and watches for her reaction.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adrian looks to The Dragon with a questioning glance, and then back at Natsuko, "Do you have a brother?"

15. - Top - End - #45

Irfan raises his eyebrows slightly at the dragons antics. "Um, yes. Thank you. How very... Noble, of you." He turns to Doc. "Er, I don't drink usually, but if you're buying I suppose I could make an exception."
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

16. - Top - End - #46

Doc

"I was planning on going west-" Doc is cut off by The Dragons offer. He looks down at the kneeling man. "Umm, rise? Well, I'd be, um, honoured to have along a, uh, brave soul such as yourself." He turns back around and begins heading toward the bar again. "And the girl is welcome to come if she likes. Are there any more offers of chivalry in our noble cause?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, just when everyone is online I have to go to work Happy New Year to everyone!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adrian looks over at Doc, "Chivalry? Hmph, I'm along for the chance at a bit of action and profit; and because I'm heading that way."

Spoiler
    Show
    Happy New Year to you as well, and everyone else! I don't know if I will be sober enough to post tomorrow, lol, but I will try. Hope I did the spoiler right.

18. - Top - End - #48

The Dragon rises, taking out his mace. "Then let us rest before we go on our journey."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry if Dragon's dialog is giving anybody a headache. Everybody have a happy new year, I'll probably see you all there!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Dog watches Natsuko carefully from his hiding place. He's not attracted to her exactly- those parts are pretty much a calloused mutated mess- but he can't help but be touched by her politeness, and her consideration in not getting him lynched.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

Natsuko shakes her head at both of Adrian's questions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

It would appear that several people want to go to the west: here is what you know about that region.

The prairie begins in earnest as one walks to the west (currently, the topography of the region around Calsag is cut into rolling hills and wetlands by the Des Plaines River). The prairie is even less technologically advanced that Calsag, as the area was never developed as Chicago even in the Final Wars, and thus bunkers full of pre-War tech are not often found in this region. Settlers in the west cultivate wheat and corn, and live in small autonomous regions with no real government. Horse nomads from the center of what was once the state of Illinois often raid into settled farmsteads in search of wheat and marriagable brides. The horse nomads are armed primarily with short bows, with only their leaders having rifles; the settlers are often able to fight them off, as their militia is armed with pre-War weapons.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

Dog continues to watch Natsuko from his hiding place.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

I’m going to assume that everybody agrees to go to Chicago…

You start out in mid-morning heading north on the barely discernable ruins of an old concrete road. Around mid-afternoon you come across a great rift in the earth. It has straight concrete walls, and runs almost directly east to west as far as you can see. The road you have been following runs up to the gap, and looking down you see the ruined concrete chunks of what once was a bridge lying about 20 feet below you. The gap is about 70 feet across, and across the gap is a concrete wall that blocks out all vision that is only broken for the space that the road once took up. The bottom of the rift is filled with bog and swamp.
    The concrete wall has severely weathered, with large chunks missing from the wall and vines and vegetation covering some sections of the wall so completely that the concrete is invisible underneath the foliage.

By the way, I never mentioned this, but it is mid-June and sunny today.

A DC 20 Spot Check will give you the following information:

Spoiler
    Show
    A thin line of smoke is rising about 100 yards beyond the wall, to the left of the gap.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Spot - (1d20+7)[19](26)

Natsuko gazes curiously at a point beyond the wall, just to the left of the gap. She raises her arm and points.
    Last edited by souldoubt; 2009-01-12 at 02:35 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fear the Panda-Fu!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Spot check- (1d20+8)[10]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Dog follows the group from a distance.

27. - Top - End - #57

With a dulled eye, The Dragon looks to the horizon

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot:(1d20)[5]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Hold on, you can all see the what Natsuko saw if you simply look where she is looking. In other words you can all look in the spoiler box.

29. - Top - End - #59

Irfan follows the womans pointing hand with his eyes, seeing the smoke pressed against the sky. "Can everyone see that smoke over there? Inhabitants, perhaps?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Adrian also looks to where Natsuko points. "Perhaps, but we should proceed with caution from here on out." He then draws his shotgun from his backpack and makes sure it is loaded and readied. He also double checks all the ammo in his speed loaders and pistol.

"If anyone wants to back out, this is the best time for it. Hard to say what to expect, but if we run into trouble, everyone needs to be ready to do their part."

Adrian begins looking down into the swamp area and around the crevice to see if there is a way over or though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if you want me to roll spot or search for this so here is both, Spot +2: (1d20+2)[18]; Search +1: (1d20+1)[14]