New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    hmm...doing the math, it appears as though my turn on Get to Know a Playgrounder is either going to fall on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day...

...this could lead to...interesting...Q and A sessions...
    *Clears schedule, and buys lots of red bull*

This will be very erhm... Impaired bunch of Questions... and hopefully Answers!

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Heh, did you save GitP's smilies into MSN as well?
    I just changed :smallsigh: to sigh: and such.
    I've been trying to do that with my AIM! I have no idea how, and I've checked up and down the expressions page, but It doesn't seem to work. Anyone on Aim done this?

Also we totally need a face for 'xD'. '' Isn't cuttin' it anymore
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2008-12-29 at 03:03 PM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

2. - Top - End - #512
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Coplantor's Completly Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109

I don't really use smilies, which can occasionally be troublesome.

I don't use them just because I don't feel they really fit the tone of most of my posts; I prefer for my forum posts to seem almost like my blog posts. The difficulty of this is that sometimes, it is tricky to convey tricky emotions like lighthearted sarcasm or graciousness.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

I definitely overuse them.

(But look! None in this whole post!)

*fights the urge for a "smallbiggrin"*

4. - Top - End - #514
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I definitely overuse them.

(But look! None in this whole post!)

*fights the urge for a "smallbiggrin"*
    You may as well have used it, I mentally put one in when reading anyway

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

You'll never escape your past, Dragonrider. You may as well stop running and face it.

(As a project, I'm summarizing everyone's situations as a movie villain would.)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #517
    Firbolg in the Playground

I actually did that once, just to get practice on writing villainous dialogue.

It kinda worked, though people really started looking at me wierd after a day or so.

...what?

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

When I write like I talk, people don't understand me.

Perhaps that says something about my IRL personality. I overuse sarcasm.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2008-12-29 at 03:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

I, use, the, comma, way, way, way, too much...

AnD oCCasionALLY I cAn CApTiAlizE RaNDoM lEtTERs.

Yar, and 'cassionally mates I talk like I has a ole pirate accent. I'm sure ye have noticed this one.

But look, I didn't do any of those in the entire post!

But seriously, has anymore noticed that I seem to sprinkle capital letters and commas everywhere? and '...'s everywhere? I need to go to Conventions Rehab or something... .

EDIT: Cristo, have ye ever narrated your own life? Mud asked. Don't do it, Mud thought. Its terribly addictive... Mud silently snickers.
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2008-12-29 at 03:37 PM.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

10. - Top - End - #520
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I actually did that once, just to get practice on writing villainous dialogue.

It kinda worked, though people really started looking at me wierd after a day or so.

...what?
    That's because to them, you're nothing more than an anomaly, a blazing spark of creativity and ingenuity in their miserable lives. They'll never accept you; you frighten them. Join us. Belong.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

When I write like I talk, people don't understand me.

Perhaps that says something about my IRL personality. I overuse sarcasm.
    Hm. I rarely ever type like I talk. I don't like how I talk. I sound... simply stupid.

It's something in how I talk fairly slowly, slightly monotonously, and rarely allow myself to sound at all intellectual. Gah, I hide from people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    I, use, the, comma, way, way, way, too much...

AnD oCCasionALLY I cAn CApTiAlizE RaNDoM lEtTERs.

But look, I didn't do that in the entire post!

--

But seriously, has anymore noticed that I seem to sprinkle capital letters and commas everywhere? and '...'s everywhere? I need to go to Conventions Rehab or something... .
    Ellipses. I overuse them as well.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-12-29 at 03:38 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

I was going to say something but it ate my post.

And then I forgot what I said.

OH YEAH!

I overuse ellipses too, Mrmud.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    That's because to them, you're nothing more than an anomaly, a blazing spark of creativity and ingenuity in their miserable lives. They'll never accept you; you frighten them. Join us. Belong.
    One of us!
    One of us!
    One of us!

Hm. I rarely ever type like I talk. I don't like how I talk. I sound... simply stupid.

It's something in how I talk fairly slowly, slightly monotonously, and rarely allow myself to sound at all intellectual. Gah, I hide from people.
    That's some good putting yourself down there.

Believe in me who believes in you!

Heh... Shounen-based morality never fails.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-12-29 at 03:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    One of us!
    One of us!
    One of us!

That's some good putting yourself down there.
    Meh. You're just internet people that my deranged mind has created, so I'm content with spilling a little more of my guts to you guys than I would normally.

@^: Would that mean that if you don't believe in me, I cease to exist?

Still thinking, still exist.

Thank you for believing in me.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-12-29 at 03:43 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Ellipses, yeah. Commas, yeah. My capitalization is also inconsistent.

Also, randman, a lot of people think they sound worse than they actually do when they talk.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

I was going to say something but it ate my post.

And then I forgot what I said.

OH YEAH!

I overuse ellipses too, Mrmud.
    Ah yes, thanks for the word DR. My brain is a little dead (eg. I put instant oatmeal in the bath for hives instead of the medical stuff this morning. And no I didn't eat it... well I didn't eat all of it).
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

17. - Top - End - #527
    Banned

Also, randman, a lot of people think they sound worse than they actually do when they talk.
    And regardless of this you should take pride in your vocals with a DON. I don't think a lot of people actually care what a person's voice sounds like much.

Meh. You're just internet people that my deranged mind has created, so I'm content with spilling a little more of my guts to you guys than I would normally.
    That's sure how I play it.

...Although... It's more that I can't be bothered to tell people random things such as how I like my tea in real life, whereas on this forum I can spout drivel all I want and you can't do a durn thing about it!

Ahahahahaha!
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-12-29 at 03:46 PM.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

...Although... It's more that I can't be bothered to tell people random things such as how I like my tea in real life, whereas on this forum I can spout drivel all I want and you can't do a durn thing about it!

Ahahahahaha!
    Well, technically, they could use the ignore feature.

I'm not sure anybody could actually be irritating enough for me to use it, though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #529
    Banned

Well, technically, they could use the ignore feature.

I'm not sure anybody could actually be irritating enough for me to use it, though.
    I dunno, just wait until I get going.

20. - Top - End - #530
    Ogre in the Playground

<snip>

Ahahahahaha!
    Ergh, such mundane conversation annoys me to no end in real life. Are people that stupid (Doubt it.), or that afraid of each other?

Well, that's not completely true. There are times I don't mind it. I'm just thinking about two people I was talking with earlier tonight. Getting decent conversation from them was like pulling teeth.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-12-29 at 03:50 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmud View Post
    Ah yes, thanks for the word DR. My brain is a little dead (eg. I put instant oatmeal in the bath for hives instead of the medical stuff this morning. And no I didn't eat it... well I didn't eat all of it).
    Ye gods...I haven't had an oatmeal bath since I was about four.

But then, I stopped taking baths when I was four. I've never liked them...I guess I'm a shower person.

(note the number of ellipses used in above post)

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

A lot of small-talk social interaction stems from the fact that as a rule, humans have an interest in one another, even a stunted or repressed one. We're tribal animals, and we tended to live or die based on the cohesion of our tribe.

Chatting is just our way of expressing to other humans that we're both alive and friendly with each other. If something goes down, we can probably count on each other to a variable extent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Ye gods...I haven't had an oatmeal bath since I was about four.

But then, I stopped taking baths when I was four. I've never liked them...I guess I'm a shower person.

(note the number of ellipses used in above post)
    Ever had hives ? I get a relatively bad case like once every other yaer. I'd pay my cat to scratch me. Grrr. I hate hives. Stemmed from my allergy to All-Things dairy back when I was younger...

That was the worst. NO tastie cakes. EVER.
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

24. - Top - End - #534
    Banned

Are we chatting about chatting? How recursive- recursive?! Recursion! A procedure well defined for all natural numbers wherein the initial application is applied and then the same application is applied to the product of the first procedure and then the next product and so on!

Wait, what was I saying? ...Hmmm...

...Anyone for scrabble? ...Anyone?
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-12-29 at 03:56 PM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

A lot of small-talk social interaction stems from the fact that as a rule, humans have an interest in one another, even a stunted or repressed one. We're tribal animals, and we tended to live or die based on the cohesion of our tribe.

Chatting is just our way of expressing to other humans that we're both alive and friendly with each other. If something goes down, we can probably count on each other to a variable extent.
    Hmm. I'm not sure small-talk is enough in these days. In ages past, sure, but now when you meet a person you can only even make disjointed small talk with, you tend to lose interest in them.

@^: Nice try. Subject remains.

@^^: If you know an internet scrabble java thingum, I'll play a game. (You see, that's how you distract me. )
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-12-29 at 03:59 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

Scrabble? I'm in if you can find one...

And is anyone else thinking what I am? SCRABBLE LEAGUE ITP! . No? I guess nobody was.
    Last edited by Mr. Mud; 2008-12-29 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Reason for Editing: Beacuse Scramble is WAAY different that scramble... xD
    "Maybe I'm Gigachad?"

27. - Top - End - #537
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

One, Two, Two Ellipses! Ah Ah Ah!

I always thought chatting would be the death of me as a child, given that my mother was such a fan of it, but it turned out to be remarkably enjoyable. Just it seems that most of my peers still share my old sentiments.

Ed: Fortunately, despite my allergies, I don't think I've ever had hives. I've had times when I've attempted to claw out my throat and face due to my beard itching at the presence of cats, but never anything more than that annoying itch compounded by the natural itchiness of beard. I'm much more of a "Crap, how do I breath again?" sort of allergic reaction kinda guy thing figment of your imagination.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2008-12-29 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

28. - Top - End - #538
    Banned

@^^: If you know an internet scrabble java thingum, I'll play a game. (You see, that's how you distract me. )
    http://www.lexulous.com/

But also,
    Beware. The Lord of the Land approaches.

I have come to rid this land of your evil!

...I mean, beware: this is a crummy knock-off version and the rules are slightly altered to avoid copyright enfringement.

Mmm... Dungeon Keeper... Good game...

I mean, I mean, I'll be logged on and in The Multiplayer Room. I'm Player_Zero.
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2008-12-29 at 04:02 PM.

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Heh, all ours melted and left behind giant potholes in the roads...some of the streets are starting to look like they came straight out of Fallout 3.
    Here too, though we still have lots of snow, I can see some grass in the yard. There's a good bit of wind though, and it's still pretty cold, so from what I understand there's lots of icy patches.

And there's more ice cream
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

http://www.lexulous.com/

But also,
    Beware. The Lord of the Land approaches.

I have come to rid this land of your evil!

...I mean, beware: this is a crummy knock-off version and the rules are slightly altered to avoid copyright enfringement.

Mmm... Dungeon Keeper... Good game...

I mean, I mean, I'll be logged on and in The Multiplayer Room. I'm Player_Zero.
    I'm trying to get in. Taking forever to load though.

Hmm. I'm a bit disturbed by how easily I get distracted.
    This avatar by Phase.