Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVI: Matters of Futures Imperfect

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    There's going to be another plot?

Can someone explain this to me, as I do not feel like reading two weeks of threads.

@keveak: Nameless used to have a face, and he did not always have that brooch.
    THAT'S how he looked since dawn of time! Then an unwanted change and WHAT THE HECK IS A BROOCH?... Please tell me I have no idea.

@V: Thanks. Man my knowledge of english suck....
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-01-06 at 10:13 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Banned

Default Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVI: Matters of Futures Imperfect

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    THAT'S how he looked since dawn of time! Then an unwanted change and WHAT THE HECK IS A BROOCH?... Please tell me I have no idea.
    It's sort of a thing which you pin to your shirt. Like this:

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ettin in the Playground

Probably better to say like this
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Nameless' specific case I think it was like a red bauble or gem.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Hmmm... interesting...
    But what of the people who are allergic to cheese?

@Shades: I'll keep my gender.
    Lactose intolerance is not tolerated in the multiverse. Cheese allergy must have been ruled out by evolution anyway.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    But I think that we should eliminate the Astral Plane, if nobody minds. It's sort of unnecessary, and we can have another plane fill the gap.
    EDIT: Also, nice job.
    Or we can just combine it with your cosmos elemental plane. And why only stop on plane? Let it just be cosmos. Although the idea is quite stupid actually, just think about the dead bodies of long dead gods, each nearly the size of small planet, made drifting forever in the infinite space. Wow. Seriously, that's epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak
    Wouldn't it make sence if the souleaters are mercenaires selling souls to the highest bitter else most ghosts (ghosts usually want to get to celestia and the other good planes but cant for some curse or unfinished task) would join the celestial ones. the evil gods/planes would take the souls easier and pay better because they just want souls for slave like something while the good would only want really good souls.
    I don't like the idea actually. It glorifies money and gold way too much for my. I think the majority of souleaters should be doing they job out of loyalty, love, fear and stuff (namely, should be inhabitants and servants of their native planes, like devas, devils or demons), but the idea of mortal mercenaries, being so badass and powerful to deal and trade with gods themselves is also great, imho.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kazul View Post
    Or we can just combine it with your cosmos elemental plane. And why only stop on plane? Let it just be cosmos. Although the idea is quite stupid actually, just think about the dead bodies of long dead gods, each nearly the size of small planet, made drifting forever in the infinite space. Wow. Seriously, that's epic.

I don't like the idea actually. It glorifies money and gold way too much for my. I think the majority of souleaters should be doing they job out of loyalty, love, fear and stuff (namely, should be inhabitants and servants of their native planes, like devas, devils or demons), but the idea of mortal mercenaries, being so badass and powerful to deal and trade with gods themselves is also great, imho.
    What is the matter with glorifying money? It make more sense. Our choice here is realism, or some strange dislike of the concept of mercenaries.
    Also,, thanks for calling my idea stupid.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-06 at 10:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVI: Matters of Futures Imperfect

Quote Originally Posted by Kazul View Post

Now power and the continuing of existance are the fear and some are like angels and just do it out of loyalty but if we make it too easy to know who about 80% of all ghosts will go with the good and that would lower the haunting of our world. When dealing with gods not even mortals wouldN'T be satisfied with money anyway.
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-01-06 at 10:46 AM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Banned

Kazul, what you have to understand is that these spirits fear the hunters. They hide from them, they rely heavily on the protection of the Praeseans. But if the hunters serve specific causes, it will make much less sense. Because some of the hunters must be good, and therefore the spirits would not fear them. The only way to maintain realism is if the hunters are mercenaries, selling the souls to the highest bidder.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-06 at 10:44 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, Keveak, Sam is a shaper, he can't posess.

He went for shaper so he can actually fight something not-incorporeal without a ghost-touch weapon

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

frown Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVI: Matters of Futures Imperfect

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    Actually, Keveak, Sam is a shaper, he can't posess.

He went for shaper so he can actually fight something not-incorporeal without a ghost-touch weapon
    Aww man you've ruined my character concept for him... Wait I tought all ghosts could posses but they need a feat to posses corpses?
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ettin in the Playground

Awww man you've ruined my character concept for him... Wait I thought all ghosts could possess but they need a feat to possess corpses?
    I'd need to look it up in Ghostwalk but I think that's the case.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    Also,, thanks for calling my idea stupid.
    Damn, sorry for not being clear enough. I was referring to my idea of space being graveyard for forgotten gods. I'm sorry once again for offending you.

What is the matter with glorifying money? It make more sense. Our choice here is realism, or some strange dislike of the concept of mercenaries.
    I like the concept of mercenaries in general. However, I highly doubt there are enough powerful people in the universe to do the said tasks, especially given the fact that their motivation is nothing more than money. Seriously, there are better (and safer and faster) ways to collect large amounts of cash in D&D like world. Therefore, the majority (or at least notable percent) of hunters shouldn't be motivated by gold, but by other, stronger motivations. But I got your point and think you're also right.

Kazul, what you have to understand is that these spirits fear the hunters. They hide from them, they rely heavily on the protection of the Praeseans. But if the hunters serve specific causes, it will make much less sense. Because some of the hunters must be good, and therefore the spirits would not fear them. The only way to maintain realism is if the hunters are mercenaries, selling the souls to the highest bidder.
    Doesn't the highest bidder think actually conflict with the previous idea of good planes looking for the best people and saints, while evil ones for low quality slave souls? Plus, why exactly do the souls have to hide? The best of them may be disgusted and/or sympathetic for primitive world they just got in, and not willing to participate in the hiding stuff. Astral Devas, being servants of good, would be send with special instructions to find them and propose them (only propose, nothing more) to join happy afterlife. And the fact they would be gentle and stuff towards good souls, doesn't mean they would be same for others, right? I mean, Miko, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak
    Now power and the continuing of existance are the fear and some are like angels and just do it out of loyalty but if we make it too easy to know who about 80% of all ghosts will go with the good and that would lower the haunting of our world. When dealing with gods not even mortals wouldN'T be satisfied with money anyway.
    The problem is, would the good gods accept and want them in their afterlife? Oh, and I think you are right with the money part.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Aww man you've ruined my character concept for him... Wait I tought all ghosts could posses but they need a feat to posses corpses?
    if that's the case i'll take the part with he can't posess back. But he is a shaper. (it would be very stupid for an ex-fighter eidolon not to be a shaper)

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

biggrin Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVI: Matters of Futures Imperfect

Quote Originally Posted by Threeshades View Post
    if that's the case i'll take the part with he can't posess back. But he is a shaper. (it would be very stupid for an ex-fighter eidolon not to be a shaper)
    A shaper is fine. the concept I'm making for FI just need that he has the drows body.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

@V: Thanks. Man my knowledge of english suck....
    Objection !

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3931/angel5cl1.png

Nameless just deleted his old comics where he appeared with a face...but this one is drawn by Salmon...
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

confused Re: ABR Discussion Thread XVI: Matters of Futures Imperfect

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Objection !

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3931/angel5cl1.png

Nameless just deleted his old comics where he appeared with a face...but this one is drawn by Salmon...
    I said that the face version was how he looked since dawn of time. So what you say doesn't make sence.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Banned

Kazul, the entire concept I came up with is that there are hnters, and protectors. I'm fond of this idea, and don't see what's the matter with it, in itself. If someone has some other idea for the Ethereal Plane, then that's fine. But as far as I can see, there is nothing that matter with this idea which requires changing it.
    What you are proposing completely alters the concept I made up. It removes the whole Praeseans concept, which would make no sense if the hunters were just angels and devils. Because that would make us have to make the Praeseans into a more evilly-aligned race, keeping the souls from going to their rightful afterlife. These souls may be good and may be evil, but either way they have something keeping them from passing on completely. They cannot go to heaven (or hell)until they have accomplished this. If they are unwillingly brought to their afterlife, it shall be an afterlife of eternal pain as the ghosts struggle to go back to teh Ethereal Plane and fulfill their purpose.
    So, perhaps the only buyers are demons, devils, and other evil outsiders. It would make more sense. The hunters are mercenaries who serve only themselves, and who carry special nets which can capture the souls (otherwise they can just materialize elsewhere). The hunters are basically slave-catchers, taking the souls, whether good or evil, to special auctions held at the Ethereal Plane (so as not to damage the captives) where various evil creatures come and place their bids. Also, occasionally an archdevil or demon lord puts a bounty on a specific soul.
    The Praeseans are a type of inevitable whose sole purpose is to protect the spirits and allow them to pass on as they wish. They appear, unlike most inevitables, much more human and are in fact often mistaken for drow/moonelves.
    EDIT: Hey, so I said this before and nobody responded, but can I make the next Discussion thread?
    x2 EDIT: If nobody posts here soon, I'm gonna go insane.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2009-01-06 at 05:58 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Titan in the Playground

@keveak: Nameless used to have a face, and he did not always have that brooch.
    I still do have a face, I just keep it covered up now for reasons that you will eventually find out.
    And I did always have that Brooch, well, always in ABR, but you'll have to use your IMAGINATION for my early comics.

Yay page 47.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-01-06 at 06:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1399

I have an idea, the soul eaters are the inevitables, the inevitability of passing on to the afterlife. They hunt down ghosts and bring them to a plane that coincides with their alignment, whether they want to or not.

Reitut

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show

Guess who's back, and throwing himself into the thick of things. Told you I'd pop back up sooner or later, hope no one minds.
    (Sorry for the quality, I will try to sort it out, new computer and I still need to fiddle with some stuff)
    I'm there!!!!!!!! *bad words* I'M! RIGHT! THERE!
    ____

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

Then interact with the main group in a constructive method.

Also, although I doubt DLB will see read this before it gets lost in the endless discussions we have, Tiefling Master of the Undead? Was I the only person who assumed he was just a soul bound to a suit of armour?

22. - Top - End - #1402

Yep, DLB never seemed like a Tiefling, or a master of anything for that matter.

23. - Top - End - #1403

Sorry for the double post.

@Crimsonangel, Any more? You've been in one plot comic, which may or not have declared non-canon due to calling them "the FFF". You are not a major player in ABR. When you aren't posting random kills like a madman in the canon thread, you are spamming this thread. I'm not angry at you, but please, stop complaining about us ignoring you. My first "canon" comic was idiotic, as I later realized, but I got better and posted some better comics, and eventually was taken into "the core" of ABR.
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2009-01-06 at 08:09 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's a tip. You want to be remembered? You can do two things:

1. use the Megadoomer and Iceddraggons' technique and whine about it untill people include you in the comic (which is usually temporary)

2. Actually do something memorable, which usually lasts longer. Most of the more notable ABR members have done this one, though thousands haven't. You probably haven't heard of those other guys, though.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-01-06 at 08:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post

1. use the Megadoomer and Iceddraggons' technique and whine about it untill people include you in the comic (which is usually temporary)

2. Actually do something memorable, which usually lasts longer. Most of the more notable ABR members have done this one, though thousands haven't. You probably haven't heard of those other guys, though.
    ORLY

26. - Top - End - #1406

YARLY

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Bugbear in the Playground

me and ice work hard on our art and when we find out we don't even have a templet...yeah we can be upset if we want.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    ORLY
    YA RLY!

Be honest, how many people put you in comics when you started? Having an awesome character doesn't automatically make you a focus of the plot, (I mean, look at Dekopin! She's almost never been drawn by anyone else, and she's awesome.)

For other people add you to their comics, they need to think that there is a need for your character to be there. You need think of something you can do to advance the plot, and more importantly, a good reason to be doing it. If people think you have a character with a role to fulfil and a legitimate reason to fill it, then they will put you in their comics.

EDIT: Ninja scum! *shakes fist*
    Last edited by Keris; 2009-01-06 at 08:33 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post

I'm very sorry to be making an interruption, but how does one make his/her way into an ABR that has already begun (if this can be done at all)? Is there any asking to be done, if so?
    I really just want to know to shorten the list of things that I'm likely to bugger up (like weddings, funerals, and births of others' first children).
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I'm very sorry to be making an interruption, but how does one make his/her way into an ABR that has already begun (if this can be done at all)? Is there any asking to be done, if so?
    I really just want to know to shorten the list of things that I'm likely to bugger up (like weddings, funerals, and births of others' first children).
    Not sure if I understand what you're asking there. You mean how does someone join Abr? Just make a comic introducing your character to the plot, nothing to it really.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-01-06 at 08:39 PM.